new to fourm

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

aquarium3

Reaction score
Hello I found this fourm and It looked like it was a pretty welcoming and informative so I joined. I first was a member of fishlore and was surprised to see many people from fishlore on here so I figure the fourm must be pretty good.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Those people that came from that other forum were kicked out of there and we took them in coz we felt sorry for them. :) They have to abide by the laws of the all Great and Powerful Megga Neon Tetra, or shove off :)

Now the formalities are over, what sort of fish do you keep?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Those people that came from that other forum were kicked out of there and we took them in coz we felt sorry for them. :) They have to abide by the laws of the all Great and Powerful Megga Neon Tetra, or shove off :)

Now the formalities are over, what sort of fish do you keep?
I believe not all were kicked off the fourm but just followed the people who did. I currently have cherry barbs, a honey gourami, bumble bee catfish, my beginer faults are just buying one corydora, anAustralian rainbow fish, and a leopard danio which I need to figure out how to fix.

How big is the tank and how long has it been set up for?

All barbs, danios, Corydoras, bumblebee catfish and rainbowfish like to be in groups of 6 or more. The gouramis can be kept individually, in prs (1male & 1 female) or in groups consisting of 1 male and a couple of females.

Rainbowfish need a bit of plant matter in their diet and I use to grow Duckweed on the surface, which they ate. If you can encourage algae to grow on the glass they will pick at that. You can offer them cooked or raw fruits and vegetables like spinach, pumpkin, zucchini, etc. Make sure it is free of chemicals and I usually peel the skin off before feeding it to the fish. Some fish prefer them raw and some prefer partly cooked and others prefer well cooked.

How big is the tank and how long has it been set up for?

All barbs, danios, Corydoras, bumblebee catfish and rainbowfish like to be in groups of 6 or more. The gouramis can be kept individually, in prs (1male & 1 female) or in groups consisting of 1 male and a couple of females.

Rainbowfish need a bit of plant matter in their diet and I use to grow Duckweed on the surface, which they ate. If you can encourage algae to grow on the glass they will pick at that. You can offer them cooked or raw fruits and vegetables like spinach, pumpkin, zucchini, etc. Make sure it is free of chemicals and I usually peel the skin off before feeding it to the fish. Some fish prefer them raw and some prefer partly cooked and others prefer well cooked.
The tank is ten gallons and has been running for about a year it is my first community tank and It has come to my attention that it is over stocked so I am going to move them to a 20 long and hopefully up the schools. I believe bumblebee catfish are very territorial do not need schools.

We normally keep bumblebee catfish in groups and they all hang out together under driftwood or rocks. You can keep them separately and in your tank it is probably best to stay with one due to the tank size.

If you could get a 3ft tank or bigger, then depending on which species of rainbowfish you have, you could increase their group or even add other rainbows from different species, which will happily swim together in one group as long as they are similar sizes.

Then you could use the current tank to house the cherry barbs and gourami. :)

We normally keep bumblebee catfish in groups and they all hang out together under driftwood or rocks. You can keep them separately and in your tank it is probably best to stay with one due to the tank size.

If you could get a 3ft tank or bigger, then depending on which species of rainbowfish you have, you could increase their group or even add other rainbows from different species, which will happily swim together in one group as long as they are similar sizes.

Then you could use the current tank to house the cherry barbs and gourami. :)
thanks that sounds like a pretty good idea.

Hi and welcome to the forum. This place is very friendly. Not quite as busy as FL which I personally like! Hope you enjoy and have fun here!

Welcome, not all former fl people were kicked off in this mass banning either, mine was a year ago. :angel: We all have made stocking mistakes, its not the end of the world. Correct them when you can.

Hello I found this fourm and It looked like it was a pretty welcoming and informative so I joined. I first was a member of fishlore and was surprised to see many people from fishlore on here so I figure the fourm must be pretty good.
nice to see you here, i forgot, what was your username on fishlore?

I believe not all were kicked off the fourm but just followed the people who did. I currently have cherry barbs, a honey gourami, bumble bee catfish, my beginer faults are just buying one corydora, anAustralian rainbow fish, and a leopard danio which I need to figure out how to fix.
Oh almost forgot also have a 1 inch bn pleco.

What kind of BN pleco, an albino, common, super red, green dragon, or a long-finned variety of one of those?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back