New Tank And Guppies Died

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Hey Susan?
All is quiet on the thread how are your results going?

sorry my daughter has a stomach bug and has been sick twice today, seems to of settled now tho and my sister is in labour so all go here

ive checked ammonia and its at 4ppm, would my tank of got rid of 1ppm in about 6 hours or do i top up the ammonia

I highly doubt it would've processed 1ppm in 6 hours, but I cant see 4ppm being a problem either, so if I were you i'd leave it where it is.

Next time you add ammonia, give it an hour (so it gets a good mix around the tank) and test the water to see what concentration you're at.

I highly doubt it would've processed 1ppm in 6 hours, but I cant see 4ppm being a problem either, so if I were you i'd leave it where it is.

Next time you add ammonia, give it an hour (so it gets a good mix around the tank) and test the water to see what concentration you're at.

will do thanks

morning

results today are

Ammonia- looks like 3-4ppm

nitrite 3ppm

do i need to check for ph levels

p.s sisters had a baby boy :D

morning

results today are

Ammonia- looks like 3-4ppm

nitrite 3ppm

do i need to check for ph levels

p.s sisters had a baby boy :D

yes best to check your PH on occasion as if it drops too low your tank wont cycle.

Congrats to your sister :)

what drops the ph and how do i fix it, also what is the ph level need to be

things like bogwood can drop the PH. Around neutral is normally best.

If you do have a big drop in PH then a largish water change to bring it back to neutral, then just check ammonia and redose as necessary

things like bogwood can drop the PH. Around neutral is normally best.

If you do have a big drop in PH then a largish water change to bring it back to neutral, then just check ammonia and redose as necessary

ok, only have fake plants and a dora ornament in there lol will check later

thanks

morning results today are

Ammonia 2ppm

Nitrite 5ppm

Ph 7.6ppm

is the ph too high

Most reactions

Back