New Camera

I use a Fuji finepix S5700, it was £88 new.

You can see my photostream on flickr -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anorth1/

excellent quality & value for the moeny, ideal for a begginer as it is simple to use.

I use a Fuji finepix S5700, it was £88 new.

You can see my photostream on flickr -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anorth1/

excellent quality & value for the moeny, ideal for a begginer as it is simple to use.

Funny enough it was your camera and your pics that inspired the whole looking for the finepix range, i have more money than that to spend and as much as your camera seems really good, i may aswell get the better models and be completely satisfied than just semi satisfied(if that makes sense lol)

The other camera in your camera range im looking at is the Fujifilm FinePix S8100FD, reviews are also excellent, better features and gives that much longer optical zoom if required.

Thanks for the link m8, some really nice pictures you have there :good:

lol, thanks. Just thought i would say that the bridge cameras are good enough despite people advising you to go for an SLR. (for begginers anyway)

the cost of buying the D40 then buying additional lenses would go above your budget.

Somehintg that i find strange with cameras above mine is that they only have max apertures of f/8 - mine goes to f/13.6
I am not sure why they seem to limit that in so many models :unsure:

I would reccomend the S9500
that has a wider range of f/ stops and up to 30sec- 1/4000sec shutter speed. You probably wont need 1/4000 but the 30sec for long exposures is particularly handy.
It also has a hot shoe. The others IMO arent worth the extra money for what little they have over the S5700

lol, thanks. Just thought i would say that the bridge cameras are good enough despite people advising you to go for an SLR. (for begginers anyway)

the cost of buying the D40 then buying additional lenses would go above your budget.

Somehintg that i find strange with cameras above mine is that they only have max apertures of f/8 - mine goes to f/13.6

I would recommend the S9500
that has a wider range of f/ stops and up to 30sec- 1/4000sec shutter speed. You probably wont need 1/4000 but the 30sec for long exposures is particularly handy.
It also has a hot shoe. The others IMO aren't worth the extra money for what little they have over the S5700

Cheers for the reply Aaron, when i have a look and read what these things you mentioned means.. I'll get back to you lol :blush:, There's a few camera now that i could consider on you replies, the reason i didn't opt for your model was because there was no Image stabilization?... i think that's what it was, im guessing this is a good added feature of the later models?

Ill have a re look at whats about, i guess the s1500 and the s2000 models would be just as good as any then?, within reason obviously :)

I would recommend the S9500
It also has a hot shoe. The others IMO aren't worth the extra money for what little they have over the S5700

Cheers for the reply Aaron, when i have a look and read what these things you mentioned means.. I'll get back to you lol :blush:, There's a few camera now that i could consider on you replies, the reason i didn't opt for your model was because there was no Image stabilization?... i think that's what it was, im guessing this is a good added feature of the later models?

Ill have a re look at whats about, i guess the s1500 and the s2000 models would be just as good as any then?, within reason obviously :)

shutter speed: how long it takes to take a picture.
For example this was 4 seconds:

30 seconds is better as you can take motorway shots like this:
motorway.JPG

And the 1/4000 is extremely quick, i used 1/1000 sec for these plane shots:

f/ stop = aperture.
This is depth of Field (DoF)
large aperture (small number!) gives you less depth of field, ideal for close ups and blurring the background

smaller aperture (large number) gives you more DoF

My camera does have image stabilization, not many that dont these days. I dont think i have ever used it though, because if i want to make sure i dont get any blur, i raise the ISO (light sensitivity) so it takes at a quicker shutter speed. trouble is you get noise at high levels as it is noticeable(i dont go above ISO800) but it might be better on the other models.

Ill have a re look at whats about, i guess the s1500 and the s2000 models would be just as good as any then?, within reason obviously

I'm still advising S9500 because of the above reasons. :good:

Well thankyou aaron for the in depth explanation :), as i said before, some stunning photo's there :good:

Right as to camera, ive decided on the s2000hd, i can get it for a really good price brand new and reviews think it's a half decent camera :), when i fetch it ill get some photo's up and you can see my lack of expertise :p

Thankyou all for the help and advice given, as always it's very much appreciated :)

Jake

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back