The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ZoddyZod

Constantly learning
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Morning all,

I purchased 10 neons on Saturday and I've noticed oen of them is a bit 'different' to the rest. I've noticed that he/she seems to be breathing fast (mouth opening and closing almost continually) and that he/she doesn't seem to like being in the shoal. He'll come over to the rest, hang around for a bit, and the goes across to the back of the tank where he/she spends most of the time.

I have watched closely and it is feeding fine, not swimming erratically and not hiding or sitting on the substrate.

Have I just got an oddball, or are these the signs that something is wrong?

I have a same problem [if its a problem] with Green Barbs. Got 5 yesterday, they all hanged out for a lil bit, but one decided to doss around on his own. Exactly same simptoms, constant breathing, not hanging out with the rest, only occasionally gets with the rest, feeds normaly.
Would be interesting to find out whats going on? Anyone?

Many Thanks

Well, i found my green barb dead this morning, it looks like he was ill already before i bought them in my LFS. Just to make sure i done all water tests and all was ok. RIP little fella...

I have the exact same problem with one of my Neons. All the same symptoms, except he will shoal with the others more. I've tested the water and everything is fine...Would love to find an answer for this behaviour!

Mine do that, too! :eek: Or, at least, 3 out of my group of 10 *sort of* do.... :unsure:

1 would just hang out alone with these symptoms.... He's fine nows.... :eek: Of course, I've had the lights off for the past 3 days, trying to get 2 of my neons in the breeding trap to breed, so.... :lol:

1 absolutely just *loves* to hang out with the WCMM.... :eek:

And 1? Well, he's just odds. ^^; :eek:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back