Natural fish that live with angelfish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This is not recommended. Both eels attain 3 feet in length and are predatory, eating smaller fish. Your cories will probably bee hunted, and I cannot say if the eels will be intelligent enough to understand the cory pectoral spine defense mechanism, but after they eat (or try to eat) one and the spine punctures the eel's throat, it will be game over anyway for both. And the nocturnal habits of the eels will stress your angelfish so they will be unhealthy.

Byron.

I have mine with
This is not recommended. Both eels attain 3 feet in length and are predatory, eating smaller fish. Your cories will probably bee hunted, and I cannot say if the eels will be intelligent enough to understand the cory pectoral spine defense mechanism, but after they eat (or try to eat) one and the spine punctures the eel's throat, it will be game over anyway for both. And the nocturnal habits of the eels will stress your angelfish so they will be unhealthy.

Byron.
I have mine with Cories they dont bother anything in fact mine are afriad of any thing that can move

. Fish could have different personalities so Kornels eel could have been more timid than Byrons past experience. I am open to suggestions and it would be great to have a list of possible oddballs for the 75 gallon. My LFS sells a variety of different fish including arowanas, sleeper gobies, gars, vampire tetras, etc. The eels at my LFS are from 4 to 7 inches so it might take a while for them to grow 3 feet. I also read that it can be picky eaters and that they prefer bloodworms, blackworms, and brineshrimp. The eel would be on my possibilities list but under a risk for mature size of three feet. For details on the tank stocking and setup, post 34 explains stocking and post 41 explains setup.

. Fish could have different personalities so Kornels eel could have been more timid than Byrons past experience. I am open to suggestions and it would be great to have a list of possible oddballs for the 75 gallon. My LFS sells a variety of different fish including arowanas, sleeper gobies, gars, vampire tetras, etc. The eels at my LFS are from 4 to 7 inches so it might take a while for them to grow 3 feet. I also read that it can be picky eaters and that they prefer bloodworms, blackworms, and brineshrimp. The eel would be on my possibilities list but under a risk for mature size of three feet. For details on the tank stocking and setup, post 34 explains stocking and post 41 explains setup.
yes indeed they are very picky eaters as well mines only eat bloodworms

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back