Nat's 125 Litre Juwel Rio Marine!

in my rio i have 15.5kgs of like rock and it looks like it needs at least another 4kg :huh: well any way nat that coral looks very nice.

My Ricordea has settled in nicely, it seems to be getting bigger each day I'm sure! It's flattened out a lot and is turning a purpley colour which suits me!

Anyway..tonight I arrived home to my tank being full of what I thought was bits of cotton wool (not that it would have been a feasible thing to happen)..upon closer inspection I realised that one of my cleaner shrimp has given birth to thousands of little baby shrimp! They're so tiny (like pods) and are just flying around the tank with my clownfish zooming round eating as many as possible. At first I got excited and thought maybe they'd grow up into big cleaner shrimp but after searching around the internet it seems pretty hard to do, so maybe not!

Just thought I'd report that one anyway. My second cleaner shrimp has been carrying eggs for equally as long so I imagine I'll have another few thousand of them in there soon!

congrats on the birth of your thousands of babies!!! that sounds quite cool though, can;t wait to get my own shrimp!

have you got a pic of your riccordea?
the size difference from happy to night time on these is amazing they really spread out when happy don;t they!

All the baby shrimp were gone by morning. I think my clownfish ate themselves silly. Haha.

Here's an updated picture of my Ric now that it's settled in. It really is amazing how much it can change in size from night to day time.

1007031.jpg

Recently I've noticed that my tank has loads of little bugs in it. They kind of look like little tiny bent in half shrimp and they run around all the rocks. They range in size from about 5mm-1cm big and are see-through in colour. Today my Ricordea hasn't opened up as much as it usually has, and I've just had a look at it and it looks like there's loads of these little bugs under it. Are they bad guys that are going to damage my Ric?

your clowns will eat them. the bugs might be irritating it :good:

Hi Nat,

Great journal. Do the bugs that you have crawling on all your rocks look like this?

Anthropod.JPG

If so then they are just small anthropods that will cause no harm to your coral, as Harry13 said they could just be irritating it and causing the coral to sulk?

If you clowns or shrimp spot them then they will be gone.

Regards,

Reesy1989

Went to my LFS to get some water today but ended up coming away with some new coral! It was too good to turn down really. A Toadstool Coral and a Finger Coral for just £30, so I had to have it. They've already opened up a fair amount and look quite settled in already!

1007040.jpg

1007052y.jpg

As much as I'm enjoying this weather, today my tank's temperature has soared to 30*C. Usually I run my tank at around 25-27*C. I've noticed that my toadstool coral has closed up and it's got a few bright green/yellow spots on it. Is this relating to the temperature? Not sure what to do!

Hi nat, if you can get a little fan and make it blow over the water surface this will help with heat exchange. You will hyave to lift the flaps up. it makes you lose a lot more water to evaporation though.

id say your toadstool closing up is heat related

Thanks for that Ben. Opening the flaps and using a fan really helped. The temp is staying pretty stable now and my toadstool has finally opened up today too :)

Most reactions

trending

Back