Nano Reef Aquapod 24 Gal

Tank today, has no cynobacteria on the sand, yeah!!!! Thumbs up to everyone that helped. :good: Ill be doing a 10% water change and vacuuming out the back chambers today. Heres more pics.
pic46_brittlestar.jpg
Brittle star gold, next to blue mushrooms.
pic46_brittlestar2.jpg
Another pic.
pic44_hitchhiker.jpg
Whats this? Only on LR that has zoos.

pic44_hitchhiker2.jpg
Almost looks like a Snail.
pic47_kenyatree.jpg
Kenya tree, I think, starting to branch out.
pic45_host3.jpg
Another pic of this symbiotic relationship. :wub:

Looks great. Your pictures always look so nice. I was shocked by the snail thing. I remember collecting very similar shells in Ft. Lauderdale when my family and I would vacation in the summer. That'd be great if someone here could id it for you.

The star and mushroom pics are my favorite from the bunch. Glad your cyano is started to get undercontrol. In planted tanks, we have BGA, which is also a bacteria. That is a royal pain to get rid of.

:good:

llj :)

..just sign that things were unstable in the tank. Here is your chance to take a breath and SLOW DOWN a bit....give your tank a chance to settle and breath. SH

Tank has been running great, its been good times.... :hyper: Just added a couple of sexy shrimp, these guys are very small, about 1/2 inch. Both have taken my Anthelia as the host.
pic48_anthelia_sexyshrimp.jpg
Anthelia has doubled in the past month.
pic48_anthelia_sexyshrimp2.jpg
Look closely, the other 1 is on the bottom.

Alright, I've decided to add another fish and since this is a nano tank, I know space is limited. Do you think its worth the price to add a Blue Spotted Jawfish? Ive seen them running for about $120.00. They are very fascinating Fishes. Although the price is outrageous, I dont mind spending it.

Attachments

• bluespotjawfish.jpg
    bluespotjawfish.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 75
First time I ran into this post and I love your set up, very colorful arrangement. I want a jawfish too, but those guys are expensive.

My package from Drs' Foster and Smith arrived today. I've purchased some new corals: Galaxea, Green Torch Coral, 1 Green Ricordia, large LR w/striped mushrooms and 1 yellow striped cling fish. Shipment arrived in a box, styrofoamed, each corals and fish individually double bagged. I was very impressed on this company, very professional. Also included in the pack was acclimation instructions on all corals and fish, I also got a brittle star as a hitch hiker, not to mention all the various creatures on the LR w/striped mushrooms.
pic49_galaxea.jpg
Galaxea coral
pic50_torchcoral.jpg
Torch coral with about 8 heads.
pic52_greenricordea.jpg
green ricordia, tiny about a quarter in size.
I was'nt able to get a pic of the clingfish, after acclimation and intro to tank he darted right into the LR. I havent seen him since.

Mushrooms after introduction to tank.
pic51_greenstripedmushroom2.jpg
Loving this LR, Im not sure what they are, but it looks to be tiny maroon polyps all over the rock, various algae, about ten Striped Mushrooms and tiny feather dusters.
pic51_greenstripedmushroom.jpg
This is after about 2 hours in the tank, moved it up to the middle ledge.

Heres some side shots of the tank, I also did a 10% water change before adding new corals. I did a water readings ph 8.4. ammonia, nitrite, nitrate all zeros. calcium 500 ppm, dkh 125ml.
pic52_lstank.jpg
Left side of the tank.
pic52_rstank.jpg
Right side of tank.

I forgot to show how the box looked, and how professional Dr. Foster and Smith was, I will certainly use this company again.
pic53_drfsbox1.jpg
Heres the box.
pic53_drfsbox2.jpg
Heres the box again.

Tank looks good mate and those corals are sweet.

Tank looks really small on the side shots though, i reckon you'll be upgrading sometime soon ;)

Thank you, SF05 and Skifletch for the compliments. As far as upgrading the tank, no intentions anytime soon. But I will be doing serious overhaul on my tank soon. Changing of all light bulbs, all filtrations, Cleaning of all chambers in the back, etc........the recently added yellow striped cling fish, well has'nt popped out since his introduction. I'm guessing he's KIA. I guess I'll have to find a replacement. Any Ideas?

yo that snail that was on your rocks is a pest hitchhiker, it will eat your zoos if you are careful. My friend had one in his tank exactly like it and it did a number on his zoos so watch it closely

I'm back, :good: :lol: , its been awhile since I've updated. But I've been in beautiful Hawaii, helping out my folks with the family business. Since being there I had my Neighbor try to somewhat maintain my tank. Although, there were a few things that had been KIA (my Galaxea, Torch coral, and crocea clam.) :no: . Most corals and all fishes survived. But I really cant be mad at the guy, cause he did what he could, and he might be reading my thread.... :blush: .
I checked water parameters about 3 weeks ago when I first arrived back. WPM looked okay except for the salinity was a bit high 1.029. I've periodic water changes and added R/O water into my fresh ocean water to lower the salinity. My Green striped mushrooms also started to shrivel up.
Hopefully the road to recovery is smooth, so far so good as the coral look healthier then they did 3 weeks ago. Ill be posting pixs later, lost my camera while I was in Hawaii.

Yeah, high salinity will do that, sorry for your losses. Cant wait to see some pics though :)

Okay thought I'd show some pics using my old digital camera. Not the best quality but its reasonable, until X-mas (hopefully I get a new Camera, any advice on what camera I should get?).
pic54_fulltankshot.jpg
Front view, I upgraded to a 150 watt sunpod hqi light.
pic54_fulltankshot2rightside.jpg
Another angle.
pic56_ricordeasplit.jpg pic56_ricordeasplit2.jpg
Heres my new ricordea, look its starting to split (reproduce by longitudinal fission) Cool.

Heres some cool button polyps.
pic57_buttonpolyp.jpg
I like the green eyes, this was an awesome rock.
pic55_topoftank.jpg
Love this shot of a top view angle...

Most reactions

Back