Nandus Nandus

Look at where both DE and the youtube videoer come from, one of from the USA, the other from Scotland. Guess which one feeds his fish on live food?
What is this supposed to mean, I am american and I find it an insult.

All I was saying two things. One, that invader pointed out, was that DE is in the UK, and the video is from the USA. The other thing is that in the UK feeder fish are not available in shops, and the whole process of frowned apon. In the USA, feeder fish are found in many shops, and over there the zeitgeist is that feeder fish are fine. As the video uses live fish as food, it would have a very high chance of comeing from thr USA, a fact backed up into cirtanty by the location of the video taker.

Look at where both DE and the youtube videoer come from, one of from the USA, the other from Scotland. Guess which one feeds his fish on live food?
What is this supposed to mean, I am american and I find it an insult. The nandus looks great alone of in a group. Is it alone in a tank or not?

As of now, the tank has two platys (babies go to the nandus) and a whiptail catfish.

What is this supposed to mean, I am american and I find it an insult. The nandus looks great alone of in a group. Is it alone in a tank or not?
I am pretty sure that it wasn't an insult. SB is just saying that DE couldn't possibly feed his fish goldfish if the tank is in America (making it obvious it wasn't his fish).

:nod:

What is this supposed to mean, I am american and I find it an insult.

All I was saying two things. One, that invader pointed out, was that DE is in the UK, and the video is from the USA. The other thing is that in the UK feeder fish are not available in shops, and the whole process of frowned apon. In the USA, feeder fish are found in many shops, and over there the zeitgeist is that feeder fish are fine. As the video uses live fish as food, it would have a very high chance of comeing from thr USA, a fact backed up into cirtanty by the location of the video taker.

As stated by severum boy, the situation is clearly straightened out. Back on topic before it gets ugly. B-)

Went to the lfs and they had one nandus left. Looked a little underfed and I was wondering if it would be easy to get a nandus back to eating well. I know it would be easy for other fish like livebearers and such but can you get nandus back to good health?

wont take long to get him fattened up at all, however he may only want live food like mine...

As above, he should fatten up pretty quickly. I think most predators fatten up surprisingly quickly. Try bloodworms, and if your lucky, sinking pellets. Crickets and mealworms might also be an idea if you can get them form your local reptile shop, and if the Nandus is big enough to take them.

wont take long to get him fattened up at all, however he may only want live food like mine...

That's not a problem. The one I have now only eats live and frozen foods.
Thanks. :good:

As above, he should fatten up pretty quickly. I think most predators fatten up surprisingly quickly. Try bloodworms, and if your lucky, sinking pellets. Crickets and mealworms might also be an idea if you can get them form your local reptile shop, and if the Nandus is big enough to take them.

I don't it'll take the pellets because the lfs told me they have them feeding only on brine shrimp (due to their size being about an inch). The one at the lfs and mine are about the same size so I doubt they could take crickets and mealworms. Wait, I could just cut them up. :X

Or buy very small crickets, or breed your own mealworms if you have a few predators that would eat them. That way you can use them at a size that works for the Nandus.

Or buy very small crickets, or breed your own mealworms if you have a few predators that would eat them. That way you can use them at a size that works for the Nandus.

Mr. Smart guy. :sly:
Thanks a lot for the help. I'll keep you updated on their progresss.

Most reactions

Back