My New Tank

TomShootsPhoto

Fishaholic
Reaction score
God night forum, (Or day, depending on where and when you are reading! ;))

I am starting this thread because I just got my new fish tank. It's a 300L tank with the dimensions 120x50x50cm. It is a used tank, but I got it super cheap for £80! :D
I now have to get an external filter, since I gave mine to my friend that started his tank! ;)

Pictures coming tomorrow!! It's sitting on my balcony, wrapped in plastic! ;)

Wow, that was a great bargain, look forward to seeing it all set up

I will post the pictures here!! :)

It's so big it can't even fit into my room, I have to throw out something for it to be able to to fit! :)

here it is, compared to size 42 crocs... sorry, couldn't compare to anything else :(

DSC_0042.jpg

That's awesome! So jealous :( haha :)
Keep us updated with pictures of what you're going to do wiith it! :D

NICE. You going for angels again? Loved your last angel in the FOTM I totally voted for it. Keep us updated. Watching with interest. =]

Mitch

I'm also jealous............. :good:

Keep us updated on your progress.

NICE. You going for angels again? Loved your last angel in the FOTM I totally voted for it. Keep us updated. Watching with interest. =]

Mitch

Yes I am going for angels, I already started walking around the town and choosing some :) I bought one, he is in my buddies tank untill this one gets set up' :)

More pics tomorrow!! :)

Hopefuly you are going to do a fishless cycle? In which case I wouldnt buy any more fish as it takes between 6-8 weeks!

Yes I am doing a fish less cycle, but it's really hard to find nice angels here in London... :(

So yes, fishless cycle. I have to clean the tank, then get a filter, sand, ornaments, plants, cycle it, and then add fish.

Long process, but totally worth it! ;)

So I just finished cleaning my tank, I didn't know what to clean it with....

First, I used lime remover and got rid of all the nasty stuff.
Then, I filled the tank up and squirted 1 liter of hydrocloric acid into it. It cleaned the tank really well, but is this going to be bad for the fish?

No, i have the exact same tank as you. I had to do the same, and i used a bit of bleach aswel, the tanks condition when i got it was so appauling, when i saw the tank i told him i wasn't paying the £100 he wanted, he put the price down to £70.

2months later, everythings fine, fish wise!

Most reactions

Back