My Fishless Cycle

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hi Scotty, try this idea out, it worked to get my levels 0. say your add ammonia time is am say 8am, test instead at 12, if the levels are 0 add ammonia. see if test out in 12 hours then, sometimes its just getting stuck, it worked for me to get my nitrites to go 0 in 24

P1030215.jpg

my tank,no plants in it yet,and hoping to put another bit of bogwood in

o its all personal taste and fun.. my son currently has an egyptian sunken boat in ours but its going to get replaced by the bogwood before long... Over the years I've come to be entertained by lots of wildly different tanks that I see people have. My personal taste runs to the natural looking planted types like you see in the planted section but I also appreciate rock-onlys and sometimes the very artificial ones. :fun:

I always miss out on the fun of tank decorations. I used to do a lot of that but have become a bit too "practical" in my tank decor these days. The bell looks like a fun addition to me and I like the way it looks.

We're gonna take up a donation and get OM a rock to put in one of his tanks :lol: .. plus money for lessons on sloping the gravel upwards toward the back

I actually have driftwood in many of my tanks to hold plants WD. It is the decorator touch that I am missing. I think it may have just skipped my generation. My parents were both fairly good at decorating things and my daughters do a nice job of it too. I think it is their mother's influence that makes them able to do that. When I renovated our master bath, my wife remarked that all the pieces that I chose actually worked together, I don't think she expected that to happen.

lovely tank scotty.hows your stats these days?
glad to see you didnt fall into the impatience trap like me, well done. I still have my original tank trying to cycle. it certainly isnt being conventional. i just hope it ready in 4 weeks as I have approx 30 fry to go in it! lol

I actually have driftwood in many of my tanks to hold plants WD. It is the decorator touch that I am missing. I think it may have just skipped my generation. My parents were both fairly good at decorating things and my daughters do a nice job of it too. I think it is their mother's influence that makes them able to do that. When I renovated our master bath, my wife remarked that all the pieces that I chose actually worked together, I don't think she expected that to happen.
The decorator aspect of aquariums, aquascaping, is dependent on the beauty of the baseline elements from which it is composed. Most fundamentally the fish and plants must be vibrant and healthy and not show scars of neglect. The wood, rocks and substrate must each lend texture and color and shape that stand up to individual examination and interest. Even the light and water are important contributors.

Right out of the gate, OM47, your tanks have often surpassed others because they have the baseline aspects of beauty on display and sparkling! The decoration or "arrangement" bit has an optional aspect to it (my personal evidence for this I take from the positive reaction I can have to one of Diana's NPTs despite the fact that the arrangement might be called a simple jungle!) If one chooses to arrange (obviously, as per IAGA, this can result in beauty too) then it seems to me that practice and tips from artists can't help but result in successive improvements. Certainly this explains some of Takashi's popularity.

~~waterdrop~~

congratulations. well done for being patient...when are you getting fish? March 1st?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back