My Fishless Cycle

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well that's really not a bad picture at all scotty - lots of good plants to look at and the tetras are in action!

Among the things you do for the traditional good tank shot are to "black out" the room. There should be no other light from windows or other lights on in the room that could reflect off the tank glass into the camera lens. Only the light that is going to light the tank for the shot should be on or should flash. (It helps to realize that in many of the professional shots, there are 3 "strobes", up over the tank just high enough not to get into the shot (all lids and tank lights are removed) and two side strobes that are usually softened out with white cloth or something. Of course most of us normal people don't do all this.)

The camera angle has to be experiemented with even after all the above because again don't want the lights to light up the camera and possibly the photographer and then have that reflect in the tank glass and get into the lens. The fish can be captured by simply having the camera on the tripod a long time and waiting for the subjects to happen to be in the right region and then ideally firing the camera remotely (I actually don't know how easy/hard this is with the usual pocket digitals these days?) Regardless of that kind of stuff though, members obviously get plenty of amazing shots simply by snapping their pocket digitals at the tank with their hands at something of an angle and I'm sure plenty of the shots are simply lighted by the tank light and maybe sometimes some flash, not sure. I'm the worst camaera guy around.

~~waterdrop~~

P1030338.jpg

P1030357.jpg

P1030345.jpg

P1030356.jpg

Are those the ones people call peppered cories? I like the look of fewer spots for a change of pace - haven't seen ones like that before and really like them. WD

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back