My Fishless Cycle

Yes! dropped from 3.3 to 0.1

So now i got to wait untill NO2 can drop within 12 hours?

Also i think my heater has broken, the water is colder and the light isn't on. sometimes when i try to change the heat up or down it comes back on for a little while.
Im going to order a thermometer tonight aswell to acutally see what temp my water is at.

Day 24 (24 hour)
Ph= 7.5
Am= 0
NO2= 0.1
NO3= 50-110

Also as noone answered my question about the heater i just need to know this..
A, Will this affect my cycling?
B, Will my plants die if theres no heat?

Thanks

Won't bother the plants at all. The cycling will slow down. The ideal temp for cycling is 84F/29C and the process will gradually slow down as the temp drops below that. In the summer like this it probably won't drop much (we hit 100 degrees this week, how 'bout you?)

~~waterdrop~~

haha lucky for some we havn't got that hot.
but ive emailed the place i ordered the heater from saying its broken just waiting for them to get back to me.

These two sets of test results are alittle bit out of time because i topped the ammonia up at 6 daytime and would have to wake up during the night just to test/top up ammonia but the results are the same as the last 2 days.

12 hour test:-
Am= 0
NO2= 0.8
NO3= 110

24 hour test:-
Am= 0
NO2= 0.1
NO3= 110

Also getting a refund on my heater so i should get that within 3-5 day which is good :)

Thanks for reading.

So has your water become cold? You'll have to add temp as another stat for us :lol:

And I'm thinking you should consider a large water change (or 2!) to rid the tank of all that nitrate and then recharge ammonia and put in the new heater (I'm thinkiing a water change party to celebrate the new heater and give this cycle a kickstart again, lol)

haha ok then.

Well i dont acutally know what the temp is at the moment but i ordered a thermometer a few days ago so it should be here tomorrow hopefully and ill let you know what temp im at.

Also im running low on aquasafe chlorine and dont have the right amount to do 2 water changes let alone 1 lol.
So i'll go out maybe tomorrow or over the weekend and get some more and do the water changes then will this be ok or should i be doing it right away?

thanks

Ok so i went to the shop and got some more aquasafe for the water and some new plants :)

Did 90% water change and these are the results 2 hours after ammonia was added.

Day 26
Ph= 8.0
Am= 4.9
NO2= 0.8
NO3= 50-100

Ok, i didn't have time to do a 12 hour test as i was out. And im about to go out now so wont be doing 24 hour test so i'll do it now it will be 20 hour test

Day 27 (20 hours)
Am= 0
NO2= 3.3
NO3= 110

Does this mean another water change?

Also got my new heater today and have set it up in the tank now lets just hope it works this time :p

Day 27 (12 hours)

Am= 0
NO2= 3.3
NO3= 110

What is going on? why are my results so high again?

Day 28 (12 hours)

AM= 0
NO2= 3.3
NO3= 110

Can someone please tell me if this means i have to do another water change?

Thanks

Day 29 (24hours)

NO2= 3.3
NO3= 110

And can someone please answer my question, If i need to do another water change?!

thank you

Most reactions

trending

Back