My Fishless Cycle Log, *updated Daily*

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Day 18 *Updated*

12+24HR Tests

Getting there now :hyper:

As my other post said, i did a nitrite test at just short of 18hrs and it was between 0 and 0.25

Nitrates are getting closer to the 160ppm mark, couple of more days
:good:

It looks like your nitrite processors are still struggling but are doing something there so we just need to give them some time to develop a bit more robust colony.

Day 19 *Updated*

Well on its way now, about 95% sure about my Stocking List, please have a look

It looks like your nitrite processors are still struggling but are doing something there so we just need to give them some time to develop a bit more robust colony.

How can you tell?, it looks like there flying to me. :good:

He means because they are taking longer than 12 hours to process it all.

Day 19 *Updated*

Well on its way now, about 95% sure about my Stocking List, please have a look

How can you tell?, it looks like there flying to me. :good:

He means because they are taking longer than 12 hours to process it all.

Oh ok cheers :good:
well yesterday morning it was 5ppm in 12hrs now its 1.5ppm after 12hrs so getting on there way now

Called into QSS Aquatics the other day, very nice shop, nice discus

probs just coz nitrate test isnt that reliable, but good news about nitrite readings :)
mine were just over 5ppm this morning, drops turned purple at bottom after a short while

hopefully not much longer for ya now.

my nitrites were at 0.25 this evening! (24hr test)

when did u start your cycle ? mine was on June 16th I think! probs be a full 3 months or probs a lil bit more by the time its ready for fish!!

Started 15th August,

Dint you get a 0 last night at the 24hr mark?

if you did dont worry about it, there still colonizing :good:

Just thought you went up to 5ppm so if you got 0.25 thats great :D

Yup followed ur suggestion and went upto 5ppm so lookin good. It makes good sense to add 5ppm straight away as the N-bacs must reach a large enough size to process the large amount of nitrites that had been building up. pesky nitrite munchers ! Glad I finally have some :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back