My Discus Journal

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

if it helps i have 2 trays 3/4 full of eheim media and 1 3/4 full of bio rings and the outer foam pads that come with it from new. my water is spotless :good:

cheers its the outer foam pads I'm looking for. are they in the shape of one of the outer ring holes or do they come in smaller pieces? only wonder as I;m struggling to find them on the internet other than unofficial sellers on ebay

cheers its the outer foam pads I'm looking for. are they in the shape of one of the outer ring holes or do they come in smaller pieces? only wonder as I;m struggling to find them on the internet other than unofficial sellers on ebay
there are 2 for each basket. they are long to fit round half the basket with a thin part in the middle that fits around the pipes that run down into the canister. the unofficial ones look the right shape butif the quality pits you off then have you tried online shops at all....?

did you have your glasses on simon.... :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLUVAL-FX5-EXTERNAL-FILTER-REPLACEMENT-FILTER-FOAMS-X3-/300466336254?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item45f53071fe

there are 2 for each basket. they are long to fit round half the basket with a thin part in the middle that fits around the pipes that run down into the canister. the unofficial ones look the right shape butif the quality pits you off then have you tried online shops at all....?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLUVAL-FX5-EXTERNAL-FILTER-REPLACEMENT-FILTER-FOAMS-X3-/300466336254?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item45f53071fe
ha ha ta
I saw them but didn;t think they were the right things? nice one I;ll order some :good:

ha ha ta
I saw them but didn;t think they were the right things? nice one I;ll order some :good:
they come in packs of 3 so you will need 2 lots :good: 2 in each basket and 3 baskets = 6 sponges

just bought two more plants and I thought it may have been the one Mark referred me to in a previous post, seems I bought the wrong ones ha

I got Hygrophila corymbo sasiamensis and Hygrophila corymbosa angustifolia

anyone kept these before?

Simon

nope . it was hygrophilia polysperma i mentioned to you mate . man im dissapointed i saw youd updated and was hoping it would be more pics!!!! go get that camera working :D

he he will do need to clean the inside of the glass but don;t want to scare the discus anymore as they;ve had a fair amount of disruption last few days

ok mate no rush .......but ive updated mine so its your turn now ....... give the masses what they want :lol:

been a while since I updated
the plants are not doing as well as I hoped only the Giant Vallis is thriving
060-4.jpg

077-5.jpg

I;mgoing to a UK discus show on saturday and plant to get a few more discus andget a nice shoal going I have 6 thus far and one is struggling

Do you have any plant substrate under the sand? Do you use root tabs? Are you doing any liquid ferts? Root tabs do wonders for plants.

Swords are heavy root feeding plants they also need iron.

no just the liqyud additives Snowflake :crazy:

Just been to a UK Discus show at Haydock. Was quite good not as good as expected but decent for £3
I went to get some new discus as I've wanted to add to my 6 for some time but not seen anything decent for a decent price
I;ve bought two blue cobalts from Jakes Discus which I'm very pleased with for £30 the two and two leopards I think £25 each and a decent size from Rak Aqua whos fish were good but packaging so amateur and slip shod

pics to follow once settled :good:

guessing the colbolts are tiny for that price mate

guessing the colbolts are tiny for that price mate

they're not too bad about 3.5inch they were sold as and as big as the discus I already have. The stock Jakes discus had were really impressive, apparently they were Wycombe discus but hes relocated

Most reactions

Back