My Discus Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cheers James

I;ve split the giant vallis already so have some at both ends now. The bit I split was from a runner and its already growing so fingers crossed it will establish itself.

I'm also considering letting the clown loach go for the same reason as angels. As much as I love them I'm wanting just the discus, tetras,corys whiptails and hoplos.. One to mull over as it would really be a reluctant sale

Simon

how are the cardinals doing mate?

theyre doing well Mark, well the 27 I have left. None disappeared last night but I suspect angels have taken a couple each. Maybe when angels have moved on I;ll get some more, but they do look ace in the tank

Shame to see the loach go, they are such playfull and characteristic fish. I suppose they either fit in, or they don't. You want every aspect of a tank to be right, so its whatever you feel like you want. How big are the loach? If they are only tidlers still (under 3") atleast it won't be tugging on the heart strings of letting a 6"+ one go you've grown for some time.

I saw 6" Clown Loach at Sweet Knowle Aquatics the other day for £30 each! :huh:

:crazy: they;re about 3.5 -4 inch each. I got them for a steal really locally with an original plan to get about 8 but then the discus tank took shape. Just fed the fish and changed my mind about the loach :crazy:

Ohhh, there not tiny tiddlers then. You keeping them does that mean?

I sold mine to Lesley, and really really really miss them. Atleast there somewhere i'm likely to have a chance of seeing them every so often, and get updates on. It was best for mine i got rid, but a shame because they are so playfull, and mine fed bloodworm out of my hand :) Loved them. When i get my 180G i'll get a shoal of 5 in there for sure.

just did a water test and the stats aint too bad
nitrate 5
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
ph 7

just bought some new plants, crypts. Bought two but the guy in the shop gave me 4 for slightly less than 2 should have cost. He said that the light had been left off over xmas so not as good as we would wish them to be for sale

001-68.jpg

015-32.jpg

Simon

I was quite surprised as I haven;t done a water change for 2 weeks. Just about to go and do one now if I can get off this settee :crazy:

heres a couple of pics of new additions, one of the 6 royal whiptails and the cryptos that I have planted tonight
004-53.jpg

005-59.jpg

008-46.jpg

009-46.jpg

I was quite surprised as I haven;t done a water change for 2 weeks. Just about to go and do one now if I can get off this settee :crazy:

thats where the size of your tank is a real bonus. larger volume of water you can get away with a bit more , plus all the plants will have helped suck up the nitrates . love those whiptails mate , something a little different from the norm , great find

oh yeah I forgot that plants helped with the nitrates!! :rolleyes:

the whiptails have always been one of my favourites andthe breeders breeding adults were great. They had about 3 broods in the tank of various sizes

if you really want to suck up those nitrate get some fast growing stem plants . hygrophilia polysperma is a good 1 for discus temps . its the only plant i had with mine that i didnt kill. in fact it grew like a weed!

:good:
really like the whiptail simon. ive been tempted with one of these for a while :hey:

I;ve got 6 ha
No they are great hopefully they will grow fast and pair off for me :good:

well I sold the angels off yesterday for £15 half of what I paid for them!! boo hoo

funny thing is since they have gone the discus have hidden and the tetras are out at the front

I had to rescape slightly as I needed to take all the wood out to catch the angels! I couldn;t remember how it went to put it back again

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back