My 2Ft Tank.

I watched your video of your guppys, mine look a little fatter than them, but i am not sure maany signs of them giving birth, but i heard when the "white spot near anal fin" (birthing tube) opens that means it is soon is this correct?
Coz that is the sign i went with when my swordtail was preganant, and now I have gotten 4 albino koi swrodtail fry.
Also the male keeps chasing after that one more than the other, and the "birthing tube" seems to have opened so could it be tonight or in the next couple of nights?

Yeah when the birthing tube opens that is when they are close. Though i just let mine give birth in the tank and then catch all the babies.

Missy x.

I don't think i can do that because i have got 3 guppies, 4 baby swordtails, (7 months), bristlenose plec, 2 glass catfish, do you think they would live ok if she gave birth in main tank?

If you have lot's of hiding spaces then they should do ok.

Missy x.

I was meant to be getting a new 2ft tank along with background and lid but as my friends dad was carrying it to the car to get it down here, my friend decided it would be fun to make him jump. She scared him and he dropped the tank! The front was smashed along with the bottom but the rest was perfectly fine not even a scratch! :crazy: I was furious with my friend because that tank was free and there's no replacement for it. My one chance to get a 2ft tank for free with lid and background and my friend mucks it up! I though maybe i would be able to get replacement front and bottom glass but my friends mum said i couldn't.

Missy x.

Look what i just did in a minimum amount of time.
I emptied, cleaned, refilled and re-stocked with babies my 15 gallon tank. 2ft tank now has a nice background on it. There's a small bit about my tiny tailless guppy aswell.
Sorry about the voice i know i sound bad.

Missy x.

I have decided to let mine do it in main tank as i didnt get the catfish on the weekend :(

Yeah i let mine drop in the main tank then i catch them all and put them in the 15 gal hex tank which is why it's not to big with decor because catching them when i need to clean it out is a nightmare.

Missy x.

So i finally managed to get round to completely cleaning my 15 gallon hexagonal tank out and it was a nightmare trying to catch all the babies.
Then i had to scrub the algae off the sides.

Alessa x.

Most reactions

Back