Moody's Aqua Cube Journal.

Trial and error if often the best way ;) if not the only way!

Just been on the PFK website to check what my Co2 levels were from the other day and i was right it was 74ppm. :X

I had a look at the Co2 bubble calculator, for my aqua cube it recomends 0.6 yes thats 0.6 bubbles a minute.

Hmmmm now how am i going to do that????

Sugestions i you have any,

cheers Graeme.

:blink: Err nice idea but with it being an aqau cube on a desk i dont think 3 large cola bttles is going to be to pleasing on the eye, do you?

Cheers for the thought though :good:

So ive done a little aquascaping, last couple of days.
Iv added some Eleocharis acicularis, Rotala sp. ''Nanjenshan'' (''Mayaca sellowiana'')and two( theres a little one to the right of the main plant stem out of sight) Limnophila aromatica ( I think ).
Also some MTS have gone in too.

Looks good! Very pretty, just needs to fill in a bit before you think anymore about your layout. You're planning a moss wall, I see from the grid work in the back. The front is missing something, but I wouldn't worry about that yet, just get your plants healthy and growing and your system balanced so you don't get algae.

Nanos are certainly a challenge. I wonder if your's is even a nano, what's the water volume? I think yours might be a pico. I consider Squirrelbuddies and FKNMs' 4g tanks picos not nanos. I think picos are less than 5g.

Have a great time and keep us posted. I look forward to seeing more development since this is helping me with my 8g nano.

llj :D

Im planing on HC eventualy at the front but one night these next few days im going to put some riccia there instead ( got loads in my other tank ).

The cube is 7lts so i gues its a pico. :D

ewww!! MTS?

Those are nasties! Youll probably see a few fallen onto your desk as they come out of the water.

And youll see the dead ones all over the place when theyre populated. Theyre grotesque! My lfs has tonnes of them! /runs away

Nice looking tank!

Looks cool :) I would agree with Llj needs something along the front and thing HC would fit the bill just grand.

BTW does this mean mine is actually a pico too and not a nano? Ill need to change the title if it is!

I'm with the above moody, take the hairgrass out to the left and put it with the clump on the right and use HC to carpet the front.

It would look like a mountain scene the red plant being the tree on a japanese mountain the moss is the grass and the rolling HC forest, in the bottle of the valley.

Tops mate keep up the good work :)

Looks cool :) I would agree with Llj needs something along the front and thing HC would fit the bill just grand.

BTW does this mean mine is actually a pico too and not a nano? Ill need to change the title if it is!

Not sure, if the same terms apply to planted tanks as they do to SW tanks. All I know is that anything smaller than 5g in Marine posts have been called picos. But definitions are funny.

In SW over here nano is anything less than 30g; pico is I think less than 5g.

In another forum; planted nanos were anything less than 15g. They did not have a definition for what a pico was, but I did see a 1 liter planted tank once. It was in a petri dish. But I don't think that really counted as a tank, it was just a very cute experiment.

It is all soooo confusing. My suggestion is you pick the name you like best. I just think pico sounds really cute.

Well, now, see Simon agrees with us, so that's three votes for something in the front. You'd better get cracking and practice your tweezer arm! :lol:

Most reactions

Back