Moody's Aqua Cube Journal.

Wow that tank must've cost you at least $100 USD :D

this will be interesting i was considering one of those for the office but the price put me off. good luck with it. what are your plans?

Well its sitting on my desk next to my PC at the mo.

Il be putting some plants from my other tank such as Mexican oak leaf, ludwigia rubens, hygrophilia( i think its rose), echinodorus tennelus, hydrocotl sp at first just to get it going.

Some shrimps will be added and some Malaysian trumpet snails if i can get hold of them.

After that id like it to be home to some weeping moss, hair grass's and riccia.
But ill see how it develops.

I changed the bulb it came with. It had a 10w bulb with no reflector, so i changed it to a 20W built into its own reflector.

Cool tank, have read about these on the tropica website, perhaps a few boraras maculatus in there too, just 4-5, would look cool! keep us posted re your progress I certainly would be interested to seee how this one turns out.

Sam

PS - You've beaten me on the nano tank front! No fair! I want a smaller tank now!

Yer boraras maculatas sounds good and would make a good adition, but i havnt seen any for sale anywere.
Mantis147 has offerd me one of his bettas to go init.

They are expensive for what it is but i didnt buy it, it was a 25th birthday preasant off the miss's.

Betta would probably work better (sorry for the most stupid and obvious pune there, its wasn't intentional I promise :)) Wish my misses got me a cool cube tank for my 25th! It was only on Monday!

Iovay...i was just about to post the same question....why the hell do these things cost so much? I was gonna have a 18 x 10 x 8 inch made up for me at my LFS for £18 surely i could have got something 20x20x20 for roughly the same price!

Is it simply just a cube tank or is there something i`m missing?

Chris

I guess the point with these is:

i) The cube is totally glass, and from what I remember has no seals, very sheek (this is probably where most of the cost comes from, must be a sod to make 'seam free')

ii) The lighting and plant stuff (but not the actual plants I dont think) are included.

iii) They just look very cool and executive (Sp?) like on an office desk

Sam

i'd put most of the cost down to the fact that it's made by tropica. your paying for the build quality of the brand, just like ada products will command a rediculous price.

i'm considering buying one of these when i upgrade my rio180 to a rio400, although the price is just laughable i'm still willing to pay it for a top quality product.

ADA Beetle

Most reactions

Back