Member Gender???

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I’m comfortable in my gender
You're lucky. I don't want to get into the American culture wars, but I have taught kids who weren't, and known adults who weren't. Life's easier when you have these things sorted out, but not everyone does, for a myriad of reasons. If I'm talking with someone here, I couldn't care less about their gender. If you look at the photo in my avatar, I strongly resemble a killifish, and no one I want to meet is going get attracted to me based on that. The breeding tips I'm seeking have nothing to do with humans, and if TFF is someone's dating site, I want an invite to any weddings that result, just to see the guests.

Dibs on picking the music for that reception.

With my moderator's hat on........
I wish people gave reasonable approximates on where they are, as it affects answering questions.
I agree. We prefer that members indicate what country they are in so answers can be targeted at what's available in that country. But please don't identify your home too closely. Country, state/county and even town are fine. Street and postcode/zip code are not as those are too close to where you live.

Hat off again now :)

I'm female, it says so in my profile.

Beyond my view that your gender is your gender and it isn't my business - I try to write the same way to men and women, but maybe not to the kids who frequent the site - we could all be lying anyway.

Magnum Man could be a tiny little woman who only wears pink and cries to Taylor Swift songs, Essjay could be a big burly man with tatts from forgotten metal bands, I could be a princess from the royal family. We just have to deal with each other based on what we say, and not what we decide to say about ourselves.

Out here in the internet world, we can choose to look at people for the content of their thoughts, and not for what they look like. It can make some people uncomfortable not to know the appearance, colour, gender, class or nationality of whom they talk to, or so I have been told by many people. I worked in a hotel in my youth, and I quickly learned that even seeing what people look like tells you nothing about who they might be, so I stick to identifying fish.

Hi all! I mostly lurk here, but a few comments in case it's helpful:
  • Furries are a subculture that like to draw and dress up like animals, and often have one particular animal they identify with. It's not a gender identity, and they don't use litter boxes. Generally you won't know someone's a furry unless you show up at one of their social events!
  • I think it's very kind to check if folks are okay with words like "dude"! My guess, though, is that if anybody is looking to avoid particular words like that, they'll find a way to make it clear. Like others have said, most people are used to being anonymous on a forum.
  • It may not be for everybody, but you can totally call me "me ol' fruit" if you want 😂

@Lateral Line ... where is DK??? 1st comes to mind is Denmark, but I'm not at all familiar with some of the country abreviations

Not right now, just had the warmest September since records began, and tee shirt weather again today. Normally, it is colder certainly, there are people here who will say global warming is a disaster for everyone, but, they quietly believe things being a bit warmer here is not all bad. Last winter, we had very little snow in fact, most years I've been here, it is a white out for periods.

@Colin_T identifies as a wolf… a werewolf to be exact. :werewolf:

Lock up your cats as they are his favorite appetizer.

Most reactions

Back