Medium Sized Fish For A 39gal?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

guppy_man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
is there a medium sized fish that is a top dweller and can go with the fish i have in there already?
need ideas plz, going to maiden head very soon, thnx

is there a medium sized fish that is a top dweller and can go with the fish i have in there already?
need ideas plz, going to maiden head very soon, thnx

There's all sorts you could add :

Convict cichlids
Firemouth cichlids
Angle fish
Geophagus sp.
Jewel cichlids
Kribs
Long fin barb
Red tail rainbowfish

I can go on and on but if i was you i'd mix it up a bit get some larger and smaller ones just use your imagination ok mate

a convict is not a top dwelling fish and cannot go in with guppies and bettas. firemouht cannot go with a betta and dwarf cichlid. angels too small for a 20 gallon bu t i see you already have them in your 39 gallon. jewels are agressive and not recomended with dwarfs, and again are not top dwellers, long fin barb,,, red tail rainbowfish arnt exactly topdwellers and need different water perameters to the fish youv already got... MOST GEOPHAGUS are too big for that tank...
what do you classifly as a medium sized fish? the are hatchets, many species of danios ie zebra, giant,moustashed, and many many more.
dandanuk..you keep a arrowana in a 40gallon tank even though you were told by all these people. i really hope you rehomed it..... :good:

dany i have decided not to buy anymore fish for the 39gal.
and i have never owned an arowana, think you have got me mixed up with someone else.
there is someone called guppy_dude on her might of been him.

After you remove the plecs and make some other adjustments, African Butterfly fish are about as top dwelling as you can get. They don't get very large but big enough for what you're looking for. They might eat smaller fish that venture too far up to the top though.

Most reactions

trending

Back