Macro!

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
decided that with summer approaching that instead of planting my spare tank id buy something for using out and about instead so today i bought myself a macro lens .

caterpillar.jpg

cat2.jpg

fly.jpg

Great closeups! :good: :good:

Been looking for a decent priced Macro lens for my Canon but I get confused with all the spec details (as in what fits what and which is the best to go for) :S

thanks . if you want a good macro lens lisa get a canon ef 100mm f/2.8 usm macro lens . its the lens i shot these with . still need to practice a lot . macro is really difficult due to the shallow depth of field at 1:1 magnification . the lens is capable of producing much better shots than me thats for sure!! but with some practice il crack it and then the shot should be amazing .

Brilliant!

I need to get some tips from you mate, i got a Sony a380 for my birthday.

nice . not used 1 myself but the sony alphas do get good reviews . what lens did it come with?

just the normal kit lense an 18 - 55. It takes really good pics, although i'm struggling with aquatic stuff!

the iso setting changes how sensitive the sensor is to light , the bigger the number the more sensitive, go too high tho and pics can get a bit grainy .
im not familiar with the sonys shooting modes but the 4 main ones on canon are

full auto - self explanatory
shutter priority (tv) where you choose the shutter speed and teh camera will set the apperture/iso etc accordingly .
apperture priority (av) same as tv except you choose the aperture ( f stop )
and full manual

playing around with av and tv is a good way of seeing how shutter speed/aperture/iso all need to be balanced .

a couple of usefull links .
http://www.dslrtips.com/workshops/DSLR_workshops_tutorials_tips.shtml
http://photo.net/learn/basic-photo-tips/aperture-shutterspeed-iso/

cheers for the links Mark, yeah, the Sony has all the same setting buttons.

Its full tank shots i struggle with at present, the in tank shots arn't to bad. It's a lot harder thank i thought. I thought i'd pick it up and be a master straight away. How i was wrong. :lol:

i know lol its not as easy as you think , i akways found good full tank shots difficult , you jus tcant seem to get teh right angle , there always something reflecting or glaring somewhere .

Most reactions

Back