Lyre tail molly breeding compatibility

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

oranda

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had trouble with lyre tail mollies breeding with normal mollies?

I have a lovely female sunset lyre tail. My only adult male in the tank, a silver molly (possibly sail fin?) shows little interest in her. He occasionally dances for her, but doesn't really pursue her. He normally spends more time chasing her off than trying to get her attention. The other two adult females in the tank, a normal black and dalmatian, are also somewhat aggressive toward her.
I've had her about a month now, and no signs of pregnancy. She's as skinny as the day I got her.

My understanding was that all forms of molly were compatible and would breed together. Was I mislead in that thinking?
Has anyone else ever had an issue with lyre tails?

That's odd. o: I've had them breed together in the past. If she is a female, and he's not just seeing her as a threat (if she was added into the tank after territories were established), they should breed soon.

i just got some new male for my females. as of right now both of my new males are not interested with the females. if the female is new then just give it some time and eventually they'll breed . BTW if your tank is big enough, try to add another sunset lyre tail.

Most reactions

trending

Back