The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Colin_T & Seangee, The upload button next to the post tag does indeed upload photos. Unfortunately didn't work for me. It said, "this operation will not work due to not enough memory." My android is a good device, but not known for a lot of space. I recently cleared and transferred to storage a lot of photos. I remember having this problem in the past and have never been able to upload a photo in this type of format. But don't give up on me gentlmen ...and ladies, and others. Tomorrow night. I will try using another tied in device.

I use Photobucket.com, it's free and easy to use.
Umm you need to check your facts about photobucket, If you want to hotlink photos on a forum from photobucket it will cost you $400 a year.

Take a look around the forum every photobucket link is broken.

I use imgur.com

the images could be too big. If so use some software to compress or crop them a bit and save them as jpeg.

----------------------
For Nick
I used photobucket last week to add pictures and posted the link on another forum. It worked fine.

You embeded a photo?

I copy the link from photobucket and put the link in the post/ thread. Then people can click the link and go view it at photobucket.

Yes, I know this as far as fish selling. I meant they disappeared more rapidly than the fish store's other species; an indication of their popularity.
As far as groupings of this species... I have been in this hobby, studied extensively and bred a variety of even difficult to breed fish since the 1960s. I have had groupings of less than 10 Barbs with out fin nipping, it comes to placement of subspecies and/or individuals. For instance a small grouping of tiger barbs with large angelfish. I understand the group dynamic causing less singling out. Additional I have a few different tanks, so can separate and group aggressive and passive inviduals and species.
On the contrary these are Long Finned Albino Barbs in a small group and are passive. There is no fin nipping here. Also I am building up a group slowly.
As far as the name of the fish. It resembles the Albino Tiger Barb in almost no, or very few ways. Other than ichthyologically related and by name.
I meant Correction in description in that this individual fish has a translucent tangerine tail. Whereas my other Albinos,while attractive have clear tails. This particular fish is the Crown Jewel of this Aquatic Garden. I will give my fish a personal name if wish. So in your honor I will call this particular fish. The Crown Jewel Tamberine Dancer. Wiggle, wiggle
I appreciate your input, but can we please keep it friendly? I am neither inept nor inexperienced. I try never to disrespect anyone. Not necessarily you, but I notice other people on some threads like to parry insults, like road rage drivers displacing their frustrations by laying on their horns.

Thanks for the tips Nick and Colin. I will try them both tomorrow. If you like keep an eye on this thread. I am bound and determined to get a photos on here to share this fish and the combination of aquarium elements with others. There is simplistic beauty in this tank I think that some beginners (and others) might like.
As for photo cropping, I don't think, this format gives that option. I will try it .It is a great idea though. I have done it for email/text photos.

on a bright side to this, you should have a nice collection of fish pictures soon :)

Yes yes, tank and fish photos.

Still working on the photo. fishforums.net won't recognize my other device to Log in, says email address ect. already used. I will have to use my other email address I guess and create a new account for that device. Try imgur now.
Great Tank Nick Au. Its a beauty. Looks like an Amazon Grotto. Congratulations on Winning # 1 tank. Well deserved honor. Where you going with your winnings?
I have a couple planted tanks. How long it take you to cultivate that?

Appreciate that Gents. Just a little frustrated. Although I been in the hobby since a kid, this is my first thread or chatroom of any kind.
Nick, I had cherry shrimp, orange, and blue for a year or so. Easy to breed and fun.

Well the photos loaded on imgru. Under Pets > Water Spirits' Citadel. The Imgru app named me Monty the Cosmos Diver. Ha. Ha. One of my tanks is a dark theme. Rocky Bottom Sunken Ship. With Electric Blue Cichlids. Installing a new light system. Then I will post photos. These chilids are shy though. Not like my 5 inch Bumblebee Cichlid.
If you don't want a fast growing plant or you do. Water Wisteria. It takes over. It makes for a nice floating plant, cool foliage. I have to cull it and give it to my Birds. Thanks. I noticed you had some duckweed in your tank. It looks nice but as you probably know it likes to take over.
I've had it get caught in filter outflow, go down and block intake. Muck up inside of filter. Block light from other plants. Grows so quickly, I have read some Farmers use it to feed their cattle.
I am trying to take "portrait" photos of the Albino Long Fin Barbs and see if I can post on this site. I guess if one enlarges photo more detail emerges.
Barbs like some open swimming room, so I am keeping plants around the edges...and the Ludvigia will.grow quick enough, but in a nice hedgerow.

The Thanks was for the lead to imgru site Somehow it (the thanks) pasted into another sentence. Another thing about the floating duckweed is it frustrates my fish while trying to get food. Fish flakes attachs to the duckweed and hides-then rots and adds to the bio load.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back