¡i Want A Pleco!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yep can't wait to see pics either

my personal favorite is albino bn's

I've always wanted a 30 gallon...

im not really into albinos - of any sort. can't really get pics because she likes to be upside down while sleeping, and my tank is pitch black witht the light off

im not really into albinos - of any sort. can't really get pics because she likes to be upside down while sleeping, and my tank is pitch black witht the light off
BN's are not really nocturnle- i'm sure you can get a pic of her in the day, once she's settled in. :p

Great choice- BN's are my favourite fish ever. You will be rewarded :good:

Controversial but I find BN plecos so boring :huh:
Everyday on the forum, someone posts something like 'My new bristlenose' or 'my albino BN pair' or 'my bristlenose babies'...
And they post photos of their pleco and to me they all look the same, whether they're brown, albino, peppermint or whatever.BORING
If you check the pleco boards, the most common pleco is the bristlenose :shout: :shout: :shout:
Apologies for the rant :look: :p

Great choice- BN's are my favourite fish ever. You will be rewarded :good:

Controversial but I find BN plecos so boring :huh:
Everyday on the forum, someone posts something like 'My new bristlenose' or 'my albino BN pair' or 'my bristlenose babies'...
And they post photos of their pleco and to me they all look the same, whether they're brown, albino, peppermint or whatever.BORING
If you check the pleco boards, the most common pleco is the bristlenose :shout: :shout: :shout:
Apologies for the rant :look: :p

I understand your point, but I disagree. BN, though they may not be very pretty or interesting to look at, have a unice personality's, and are excellent algae cleaners. I have kept and bred these fish for years, and I always am suprised by there amazing qualities.

i really dont see whats wrong with them. i guess you just dont look at 'em from the right angle? i love bristlenose and think they are a beautiful species.

i really dont see whats wrong with them. i guess you just dont look at 'em from the right angle? i love bristlenose and think they are a beautiful species.
I defintly agree. BN are a beutiful fish, I hate it when people think they are ugly. Just because they don't have flashy colouring and pretty long fins dosn't mean that you should think there ugly. Anyway, does it really matter if a fish is pretty or not? What matters is what is inside.

Apart from eating algae, there is nothing special or unique or attractive about them. Obviously, there are exceptions to this like the Marbled Gold BN or L183 BN plec, but the common brown, lemon, or albino BN plecos are just boring. I probably say this because every LFS in my area has them in every tank so I get bored of seeing them anywhere. Plus they grow bristles on their noses :sick: IMO unattractive :look:

well mine is a 183, but i still find most plecs interesting. and i will have my own freakin opinion on this

well mine is a 183, but i still find most plecs interesting. and i will have my own freakin opinion on this

Pics please :), certainly the nicest looking bristlenose about... one of my biggest regrets selling mine now :(.. especially when they spawned for the new owner 8 months later lol

hard to really get pics with my camera, sorry. good camera (new ipod touch) but not good with pics in the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back