I Guess It's Time To End The Hobby.

If I had known I would have gotten one from years ago when I started. But since only now I woke up that I need all that, it's really not good news or easy to get out of the woods.
Though I can't give up now because I've invested into this and was planning to continue to invest into this hobby.

It would have been easier if I had given up while I had the small tank, but a lot of people here and in other places said I shouldn't, and also I thought it would be easier once I get a bigger tank. For some odd reason, it either seems like it's harder, or I'm misinterpreting stuff or the fish doesn't like this batch of bloodworms.

Hi Terry, I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here. Not sure if you've followed this whole "saga" but FishBlast has made amazing progress for her fish and she is really restricted by money but is working the best she can with what she has. She is an extremely attentive fishkeeper and spends all of her money in making her tank better. I'm sure that she'll be fully set up with all she needs in a few weeks' time. When you think about the conditions that some others keep their fish in FishBlast is doing a great job!

Hi Terry, I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here. Not sure if you've followed this whole "saga" but FishBlast has made amazing progress for her fish and she is really restricted by money but is working the best she can with what she has. She is an extremely attentive fishkeeper and spends all of her money in making her tank better. I'm sure that she'll be fully set up with all she needs in a few weeks' time. When you think about the conditions that some others keep their fish in FishBlast is doing a great job!
Shouldn't be long before I get paid again anyway so I should be able to get more stuff and I'll also make the debit card so I can buy off eBay if necessary, but would be awesome if the guy at the fish shop can do a full analysis of the water asap.

Also, as usual, night came and Tzuppy's acting normal again. He does give out gasses from underneath though so I'll change his diet.

Since dad bought the plant out of his own money, I can use what I have left to get the food, I remembered I still have 4 RON left so should cover for at least part of the pellets if there are no flakes on sale. But what kind of pellets to get that both swordtails and the catfish would eat? Tetra? As it seems everything on sale is from Tetra (even the dechlorinator and ammo test I have).

Are Tetramin Flakes any good for my fish?
Alternatively Troco Prim No. 1 - would that be any good?

Tetramin flakes should be fine. I have a tub of them ready to open when I use up the flake that came with my tank :)

Tetramin flakes should be fine. I have a tub of them ready to open when I use up the flake that came with my tank :)
Well, there are some shops that have it, most of them sell for under the amount of money I have so I could buy around 2 if dad lends me an insignificant amount of money. I can fully cover one pack but it's only 12g. Else there are some for about 7 RON but my dad would have to lend me 3 RON.

It's kind of hard to choose though. My fish usually feed at the bottom (even the swordtails). Would pellets be better? They're around same price but in higher amount.

One tub should last you a good while. A little goes a long way and you wont need much.

One tub should last you a good while. A little goes a long way and you wont need much.
Depends what tub. There's a 66L one (that's what it says on it) that's 7 RON. Then there are others that are bigger. I need one to last me till the end of this month.

Also, dang, I forgot to ask while I still had them before cooking: Can fish eat brussels sprouts or spinach? It's kind of late to ask now because mom cooked them both, but for next time this info would be useful.

..yet a full water test kit should be top of your list of priorities when fishkeeping.

Terry.

Actually the bigger tank was her top priority since she already had fish that required more space. Next on her list was an ammonia testing kit and I'm sure the nitrite test kit is high on the list now.

No need to discourage her at this point.

..yet a full water test kit should be top of your list of priorities when fishkeeping.

Terry.

Actually the bigger tank was her top priority since she already had fish that required more space. Next on her list was an ammonia testing kit and I'm sure the nitrite test kit is high on the list now.

No need to discourage her at this point.
The nitrite test kit is what I was planning next when I get my payment, as I had to make a choice between ammo and nitrite. I chose ammo first for 2 reasons:
1 - it does more harm to the fish
2 - to tell if the filter was working at least in the first phase.
I could probably also cover a ph kit or nitrate or both, depending on their price.

And about Tzuppy's odd behavior, it seems to be related to what he eats. I fed him some daphnia I had left and he seems to be going to the top less after this, though still passes gas every now and then from underneath. Tomorrow I'll get some tropical flakes, might help with his indigestion problem.
Now he's kind of munching on my plant for whatever reason.

I have a Nitrite kit your welcome too,
Just pm me postage details.
Thank you for the offer, but I live in Romania which is kind of far away, also I cannot give my mom's address (she didn't even let me borrow money from a friend who offered back when I didn't have the tank). Wish I had my own house but even renting the worst apartment would cost as much as my dad's salary.
I've gotten myself into this mess, I have to get out of it on my own.

Okay no worrys :good:
I know I sound stupid or something I can't quite find the definition of, but I barely managed to convince my mother to let me keep the huge tank, as her definition of fish keeping is "Get a random tank, put water and add the fish then leave them there for a week before changing water."

She went on and on about her fishkeeping days where she had a ton of guppies and swordtails or platys what ever and left them at home for a month without food or water changes. -.- I don't know how to get through to her. Only way I've managed to get this far was because I paid for most of the stuff. Even though dad bought the ammo kit, plant and sand, most of it was covered by what he borrowed from me anyway (not counting all my allowance). So basically he paid for the plant and about half of the sand.

He's much more active at the bottom of the tank now.
33cx3fc.jpg

27yri8g.jpg

1i23qh.jpg

11uuag2.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back