I Guess It's Time To End The Hobby.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishBlast

Tiny fish
Reaction score
Even though I finally convinced my mother to let me keep a bigger tank and she agreed with everything, water changes, filter etc... I have yet to get a definite answer as to when I will get paid (due to unexpected events every freaking time...). So I don't know when I can get a bigger tank.
A friend offered to lend me money but I refused, as it's not him that I work for and I really don't want to be owing someone.

So if tomorrow I don't get a definite answer about getting paid, I'll have to ask some people on a Romanian fish forum to take all my fish away. It's going to be hard to let go of my childhood pet Tzuppy. My parents are awed at the decision too.

But how will I be able to prepare them for transport? They are 2 small swordtails and 1 Hoplo Catfish of about 15-17 cm.

Why are you asking them to take your fish away?

Why are you asking them to take your fish away?
My old tank is cracked in the bottom, and even though it is siliconed, it still poses a risk. My fish are in a freaking 23L temp tank and I was told here that I should give the fish up since I don't know when I will get paid.
Currently I'm changing water daily, I have a filter but I am pretty sure it isn't cycled as I don't have dechlorinator and just rely on leaving water outside.

So as you can see, pretty sticky situation and I don't know what to do other than take that decision, even though it's the hardest one I've had to face in all these years.

But the question still remains: How to prepare them for transport? They will most likely be taken by car by someone.

If the friend's offer is genuine and they know it might take ages to be paid back then perhaps think a little more about accepting... owed money can be paid back. You might not be able to get the fish back once they've gone ... unless the new people are willing to just babysit? I don't know enough about transport to help there sorry.

If the friend's offer is genuine and they know it might take ages to be paid back then perhaps think a little more about accepting... owed money can be paid back. You might not be able to get the fish back once they've gone ... unless the new people are willing to just babysit? I don't know enough about transport to help there sorry.
He knows, but it's not his fault, it's mine. For thinking that things will go well and not expecting the worst and for not having the knowledge (well, I didn't have time to do that while i was in high school and no internet before high school)

I will indeed never be able to get the fish back. No one offers to babysit here, people are too busy with their own stuff so... obviously they'd want them for good. Though for Tzuppy, being a 9 year old Hoplo, I don't even know if he will make it through the transport. He gets spooked by strangers and will attack them (like he did with my neighbor, splashed her in the face).

Spend $10-15 on a bin and use that till you can get a tank :rolleyes: . Or maybe you already have one you can spare....

zoo012.jpg

tap safe would be A LOT cheaper than postage why not just buy that instead
I have far more problems than the dechlorinator: I have 23L tank and it would probably have to wait till 2 weeks from now to get upgraded to a 100L. And while I do enjoy changing the water and stuff, I doubt the fish enjoy it (well, the swordtails at least, I doubt, as the catfish is used to this and even goes near the water jet).
I need to get new gravel, I fear that the old one could hurt Tzuppy.
Plants should be cheap.

But it's the main piece that I cannot get yet, and that is the 100L tank.

Where do I find a 64L bin? Doubt dad will want to lend me (well.. he owes me money but he'll just use the excuse that he's been spending it on our food so...)

Buy a storage bin £5 < nuff said

Any store like a DIY place

they will probably be ok in the short term if you are careful or you could just keep the one fish you are attached to and let the others go, if a fish meant that much to me I wouldn't let him go so easily

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back