I Guess It's Time To End The Hobby.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

LOL good point! Sorry I dunno!
Well, it probably works best for the more common fish like swordtails, guppies, bettas...
Not sure about catfish. Tzuppy used to eat A LOT. No wonder he's still begging. Back when he used to eat more he'd be satisfied and sleeping on the bottom of the tank. Though idk what's with this new batch of worms causing him gas. And he seems constipated again. Hasn't pooped for 2 days now unless Bee has been... grazing on it. o_O

Also, that pet shop doesn't do water tests -.- Pff...

Wow. a tiny snail has made his appearance on the substrate! So cute!
I think it's a Ramshorn snail according to this pic that matches.
planorbis_spec_1.jpg

I wish it was one of these though, I like these more.
lymnea_stagnalis_top.jpg

Lymnea Stagnalis.

It was probably on the plant you got :)
Yeah but today the tiny snail seems to be nowhere. RIP tiny snail :( Guess some fish snacked on him.
It was my second favorite shell shape snail... -_- I used to collect these and those giant pond snails when I was a kid.

EDIT: Oh wait, nvm. Found him. He was hiding behind the filter. Found him today while I was cleaning the pink gunk that was forming behind it. He's back on the sand and the fish ignore him. lol.

I wonder when Bee will have her first drop. Her black spot is even bigger, but she doesn't seem too fat.

I've seen a 6 in 1 Tetra test kit in a shop, it looked way different than the ones I see online and it was just as cheap, so I'm wondering: Does Tetra have a 6 in 1 kit only as stripes? Or the one I saw could be liquid? Do Tetra sell 6 in 1 liquid kit too? I can't seem to find any online to compare.

Yes they do but they are test strips not liquid. They often don't test for ammonia as well so you'll need to check that. Apparently they aren't as accurate as the liquid. I have used both and did get different readings on my pH - the strip said it was really low and the liquid said it was 7.4 so it seems to be right that you can't always trust the strips!

Yes they do but they are test strips not liquid. They often don't test for ammonia as well so you'll need to check that. Apparently they aren't as accurate as the liquid. I have used both and did get different readings on my pH - the strip said it was really low and the liquid said it was 7.4 so it seems to be right that you can't always trust the strips!
Well the odd part is that it looked as if they were liquid judging by the huge box (unlike the ones I see online). It was a green box and it said 6 in 1. The ones I see pics of online have a tiny box, not a big box.
The one I saw looked more like Laborett box but in green.

I wasn't going to buy strips anyway. Just wanted to know, as it sounded too good to be true that a 6 in 1 liquid would be around 17$ in a shop. I'd expect something around 23$ at least. Looks like I'm better off buying each Tetra kit so next month I'll be looking for nitrite, nitrate and / or ph (not sure which of the last 2 would be more important though).
Would be even better off if I could order API online but from all the very poor service my friends have had over eBay, with people asking them not to leave them bad reviews (and shamelessly ask that you give them 5 stars) even though they screwed up / products still haven't arrived or arrived too late... or once arrived in poor condition...

I went ahead and just got the full API test kit instead of buying piece by piece because I figure it'll be cheaper in the long run - but if you can't do that, then you can't! :p

I went ahead and just got the full API test kit instead of buying piece by piece because I figure it'll be cheaper in the long run - but if you can't do that, then you can't! :p
Well, not even sure for how much I could get it (in dollars) and if it would take me even more for delivery to Romania, as API seems to be more common in the UK.
That would mean I'd need to wait 2 months to pay for both delivery and the kit if it is above 20$. In this other case, I can buy nitrite kit (which seems to be very important as it is what could harm the fish more) and not sure about ph or nitrate, nitrates can get to 50-70 and still not cause much harm, some fish tolerate till 100 but it would tell me how much and how often to do water changes. PH on the other hand, could predict whether there is a catastrophe looming about.
But I hope I won't have to choose between PH and nitrate as they'd be good to have. (and I can play football with the nitrate test LOL!).

Tzuppy still hasn't pooped (or maybe I missed it and Bee ate it...). He doesn't seem "fat" and still eats flakes out of my hand or from the sand.
However, Bee has been pooping like no tomorrow and I'm wondering where all that is coming from since she barely eats a few pieces in the morning. o_O

Also, I have some salad here. Is it good for fish or not? And I have no idea whether it might contain something that could harm them, I've washed it / ate some of it raw, but idk how safe it is for them. It has a sweet taste so not bitter.

Tzuppy finally pooped again (but like the other 2, he pooped a pinkish dung ball). These flakes are odd lol.

I tried a defrosted de-shelled pea... They're not big fans of it. Bee took a bite and then ignored the rest of the pieces. Tzuppy filtered it like sand. Cracker pecked at one bit and then left it lying there. I fished it out -.-

Tzuppy finally pooped again (but like the other 2, he pooped a pinkish dung ball). These flakes are odd lol.

I tried a defrosted de-shelled pea... They're not big fans of it. Bee took a bite and then ignored the rest of the pieces. Tzuppy filtered it like sand. Cracker pecked at one bit and then left it lying there. I fished it out -.-
Not even my turtle likes it...

Sorry, I've missed a lot of this thread.
What was the conclusion then, are you going to carry on fish keeping or not?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back