Hydor External Heater

Royal Mail are usualy very happy to leave it with a neibour for me, even though I haven't asked them to in writing :rolleyes: Is this not something that can be arranged for yourself?

no not from living seas..... was from a jewellery shop and was supposed to be a very special gift for me :-( with us both facing redundancy there's no way he'll be able to afford another one for god knows how long.

problem is there were two couriers, the second courier said they never received it and the first courier said they delivered it, Ian's trying to argue between the two of them and struggling! :grr:

Royal Mail are usualy very happy to leave it with a neibour for me, even though I haven't asked them to in writing :rolleyes: Is this not something that can be arranged for yourself?
yeah, i`ll go have a word with my neighbour tommorow

no not from living seas..... was from a jewellery shop and was supposed to be a very special gift for me :-( with us both facing redundancy there's no way he'll be able to afford another one for god knows how long.

problem is there were two couriers, the second courier said they never received it and the first courier said they delivered it, Ian's trying to argue between the two of them and struggling! :grr:
was no sig required,

don't know the full details so don't know about a sig. Ian didn't tell me about it at the time cos of what it was, meant to be a surprise. but now the company have started hassling him to pay for something he never got he thought he'd better tell me rather than me find out through a phone call to the house or something. :grr:

don't know the full details so don't know about a sig. Ian didn't tell me about it at the time cos of what it was, meant to be a surprise. but now the company have started hassling him to pay for something he never got he thought he'd better tell me rather than me find out through a phone call to the house or something. :grr:
thats a shame, hope you get it sorted soon :unsure:

I'm realy sorry to hear about that Miss Wiggle. I'd get onto Citizens Advise Beuro, because TBH I'm not realy shure the company concerned has a leg to stand on here. I was under the impression that they need to be able to prove delivery to be able to force you to pay for the item. Repeatedly hastling for payment without this proof may constitute harrasment, and that could be used against the company quite easily if that is the case ;)

I'm realy sorry to hear about that Miss Wiggle. I'd get onto Citizens Advise Beuro, because TBH I'm not realy shure the company concerned has a leg to stand on here. I was under the impression that they need to be able to prove delivery to be able to force you to pay for the item. Repeatedly hastling for payment without this proof may constitute harrasment, and that could be used against the company quite easily if that is the case ;)

thats my view, I've told Ian to contact CAB.

The company are saying though that postal insurance is not they're problem basically and as long as they can prove they have sent it (which they can) then they have the right to take payment. If it;s not got there then apparently he needs to take it up with the couriers, neither of the couriers is accepting liability for it and they're saying it's not covered under they're standard insurance as the value is too high. Bearing that in mind I'm sure they would have had a duty to inform him before it was sent and offer him postal insurance to cover it which they didn't. Meh anyway, it's all in Ian's name so I can't actually do that much about it. And considering he's redundant as of today and I've just been told I've got until the 20th november in my job we've got bigger fish to fry right now.

[/rant]

sorry for hijacking the thread and moaning anyway, i'll stop feeling sorry for myself now!

well now i`m really fed up of waiting, still not arrived,and i`m getting angry, i do not believe it takes this long.i`m wondering now if they`ve even got them in stock!!!! i have emailed them again and am waiting a reply :angry:

The company are saying though that postal insurance is not they're problem basically and as long as they can prove they have sent it (which they can) then they have the right to take payment

saying we have sent this by royal mail,the tracking system doesn`t really work untill you have signed for the item

The company are saying though that postal insurance is not they're problem basically and as long as they can prove they have sent it (which they can) then they have the right to take payment

saying we have sent this by royal mail,the tracking system doesn`t really work untill you have signed for the item

ALL LIES !!!!!!!!! This is a disgusting way to treat customers :(

This is a job for trading standards.

The item is NEVER yours until you "accept" it... that being that you not only take delivery-but also ensure that it is free from faults.
So proving you have sent something doesnt cut it - unless you can PROVE its been delivered, then the contract is NOT complete.

Tracking works from the MOMENT its handed to the courier... ok, it may not show on a website or whatever... but once its "in the system" then its accountable... it HAS to be - whats the point otherwise ?

Ive never heard such rubbish in my life.... :(

pants isn't it!

but you know what companies like that are like, if they can find a way to get you to pay it then they will. they obviously just don't want to take liability. thing that riles me is to us this is a big chunk of money, certainly enough to worry about, for this company it's nothing, it's 1 item of jewellery and far from the most expensive that they sell so it's really not gonna be a big deal for them. :/

meh anyway, i'm not pushing Ian to chase for it as we've a lot of other stuff on our plate right now, hopefully things will be a little better in a week or so and he can get onto it then.

yes i agree with all rooster says,up till now they haven`t answered my email which i only sent this morning,i asked them if they had actually got the item in stock,as its now a fortnight since i bought and paid for it,i`m wondering if they havent got it in stock but rather than refund me they`ll hang on to the money till they do become available,meanwhile leaving me trying to make sure someone is always around to sign for it,if and when it arrives :angry:

i`v just had a reply off living seas saying this item was definately sent,i think the thing we can do is sort you out a refund and claim for two packages off royal mail,
not sure what i have to do now ,i assume they automatically refund directly onto my card?

Well, if you are accepting the refund, I'd reply to them to confirm that it is OK with you. If not, ask them to send a third :S

Most reactions

Back