How Much/often To Feed Guppies?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tropical_Fish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I've read conflicting info on how much to feed guppies.

I've got 5 guppies and have been told to make sure I don't overfeed them as most people do.

They seem to be constantly searching for food - so far I've been feeding once in the morning and once at night, but only a very small amount. On each feed I give them one flake crushed and sprinkled around the tank to make sure they all get some.

I've also substituted one of the feeds for bloodworm (quarter of a cube) - Even a 1/4 of a cube seemed like quite a lot for the 5 guppies but they ate every bit.

One of the guppies (my orange one) seemed unable to eat the bloodworm and spat it out each time he got one - he eats plenty of the flake food though.

So is two flakes of food a day enough for 5 guppies - or should I be feeding more?

guppys are diffrent the most fish they are very greedy lol and want the food,so give them a good meal,and they will still look hungry bye swimming up and down the sides,lol its funny

Exactly :good: Feed frozen or live food once a week as well, guppies need a high vegetable diet, finely chopped spinach is good for guppies as well as vegetable food such as tetra pro vegetable.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back