How Can You Discourage.........

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I did find 12 more eggs this morning. Although 2 was old almost ready to hatch so I must missed from the previous batch.
Also I didn't find them all in the usual front corner but found 3 on the back glass.
Then again, that maybe the fun part of having Panda breeders. You have to look for the eggs since I found them to be egg eater and have to keep them in well planted tank. -_- So the eggs can escape from the hungry mouthes.

those corys sure seem to keep you busy collecting eggs..

Yes, it seems they enjoy making babies although they do not take care of them. :rolleyes:
So I end up have to be the nanny who feed them and the butler who change water.
If I don't enjoy so much collecting eggs and see the frys grow, I probably have more free time and less fish. But I enjoy so much that I decide to get few more group of Corys. :shifty:
I am thinking, what another 3~4 tanks. I know I am addicted to the FISH. :rolleyes:

I did find 13 more eggs this morning, 1 was much darker so as usual I missed from other batch. 3 was in the spawning mop 3 more on the back glass and rest in the Java Moss.
And funny thing happened after I collected those eggs. The dark egg grew the tail before I have chance to place in the egg tumbler thingy. :fun: And hatched few minutes after that. So I guess I collected it at just in time, otherwise s/he have to survive in the tank with all the parents and aunts and uncles. And it might happen but not always.

I did find 17 more eggs this morning. I noticed 1 egg on the back glass and look for more eggs and they were in the Java Moss. Once again, 3 were darker so I must have missed from last batch. :blush: Those darn eggs always try to hide from me.

when my corys laid eggs i put a wall mounted breeding net (which attatched with suction cups and stuck out just enough not to squish the eggs) it protected the eggs from getting eaten

when my corys laid eggs i put a wall mounted breeding net (which attatched with suction cups and stuck out just enough not to squish the eggs) it protected the eggs from getting eaten

Hi digger,

What kind of Cory do you have? Probably your method would work well on the Cory specie that lay the eggs in crustered fashion or the one lay lots of eggs. Like C.Anueus, C.Melanotaenia and many other corys which like to stick eggs on the glass in bunch.

But from my experience, C.Panda lay far fewer eggs and they tend to prefer to place the eggs in deep inside of Moss chunk. So I find it easier to collect them and hatch them in egg tumbler.

Yesterday around here was record high temperature of 97F and fish tanks got really hot also. I think the it reached 84~86F. I worried and decide to turn off the light and leave the lids open.
So I wasn't expecting any eggs from Pandas. But I notice the egg in the tank this morning when I was siphoning the water out. So I look around inside the Java Moss. And there they are 17 of them. I guess some like it hot. :shifty:
I know their tank have 2 powerhead running but still water got pretty warm/hot yesterday and I know their natural habitat is cooler water. So it was pretty surprise to find eggs this morning.

More eggs. This morning, I notice 2 eggs visible on the front glass. And yesterday was pretty warm also, it wasn't as hot as 2 days ago. But I know the tank water was around 80F. During the night, it did cool down a little since this morning we had little sprinkle and thunder and lightening. So it was high 70'sF when I collected the eggs in the morning. I found 21 eggs, 2 on the front glass, 1 more on the back glass, 9 in the spawning mop and rest in the Java Moss.
I think the 2days ago could be the hottest day of the year. And they left some eggs and I have been getting eggs since November pretty regularly. Before then, they were not old enough although I had them for few months prior. Now I wonder if they spawn year around or take some break sometime. :shifty: I guess I'll know for soon enough. :fun:

I guess I missed again. I did collect 14 eggs on 7/16 Monday. All was in the Java moss but 6 was old.

And I did collect 31 more eggs this morning(7/19), all was in the Java Moss.

It was pretty busy day for me today since the fish got busy. This morning, I saw some eggs on the glass and it seems one of the female is attempt to eat. So I figure I better collect as soon as possible. Even before have my morning coffee.
Anyway, there are 21 eggs on the front glass, 3 more on the powerhead, and 22 more in the Java Moss. He was busy since last night. Probably till the early morning. :shifty:

I didn't know but while I was taking some water out I noticed little pearly ball in the Java Moss this morning. So I look among the Moss and there are 17 of them and 2 more in the spawning mop. So 19 more eggs.

I did find 9 more eggs this morning. There were 1 on the front glass and 8 more in the Java Moss. so far so good. But I also saw 2 egg marks on the glass. So I know someone ate at least 2 eggs. :angry:

You know the egg have to be lucky enough to be right place at right time.

I forgot to post yesterday. I found 10 eggs in the morning. I only saw 1 in the Java Moss and I thought there must be more or got eaten so look around. And found 9 more on the sponge attachment of powerhead. :rolleyes:

And this morning I found 26 more eggs. 1 on the front glass and 6 in the Java Moss and 18 more on the back glass.

Most reactions

Back