Help Corydoras Laying On Its Side

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

anne.1

Reaction score
i checked my tank this evening and found one of my corys on its side and thought it was dead. it had since moved, scurried round the tank a bit and then back on its side again with quite rapid breathing. it was absolutely fine earlier.
i have been doing regular weekly water changes 25% or more. tank been running for 8 weeks. water parameters are
ammonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 50
ph 7.5
temperature 77

fish stock
2 panda garras, 3 cory serbium, 1 rtbs, 8 neon tetras, 2 black mollys, 5 false flying fox
the only difference is today i gave them some boiled shelled peas could it have been this i have read this is good for them.
am going to do 30% water change tomorrow. i hope he makes it through the night.
can anybody advise please

It may of eaten to much and therefore effecting its swim bladder.
Just leave it for a few days and he should come right.

thanks for getting back, you may be right hes still here today swims a bit then rests in some peculiar positions i`ll lay off the food today as well.

Usually a dramatic change in water temperature can cause problems with the swimbladder. Alternatively, a bacterial infection may be to blame. If you are certain that the tank temperature has remained consistent I would consider treating for a internal bacterial infection.

What are you feeding the fish? A lack of a highly nutritious diet may be the precursor to a bacterial swimbladder problem.

Most reactions

trending

Back