Has My Tank Got Good Water?

I would not risk guppies (besides any females are likely to be pregnant already which makes another problem.)

I think the ottos would be a good choice. I'd be a bit concerned as to how well the frog and dwarf corys will get on - but I've never had a frog.

You really need to return or rehome the plec. If the LFS will not take him back for you then I'll take him :)

Have you tested the water? What are your stats?

Whoooooo the stats are in :)

pH - 7 - 7.2 (maybe 7.6... couldn't work out what was the closest colour lol)

High range pH - 7.4

Ammonia - 0 - 0.25

Nitrite No2 - 0

Nitrate No3 - 10

:good: :shout:

Looking better, still do the water changes and test at least daily until you have zero for ammonia and nitrIte for at least 3 days before adding anything.

Have you made any decisions, after doing your own reading, about what you want your final stocking to be?

Well no really, I looked up the ones u suggested... but I really wanted bright and colourful fish!!

Maybe I could get a female betta, a snail and a bricclenose catfish?

With a male betta?

If so then I'm going to start getting really annoyed with you and will just not reply as you are clearly not doing any of your own research.
Although you're here for help I don't see why we should be doing all the leg work when all it takes it a quick google to work out compatabilities.

If you'd like to do that. And post back exactly why you think I'd be getting annoyed with your suggestion above then I'll carry on posting.
If not then I've had enough and will not be posting on any of your threads again.

With a male betta?

If so then I'm going to start getting really annoyed with you and will just not reply as you are clearly not doing any of your own research.
Although you're here for help I don't see why we should be doing all the leg work when all it takes it a quick google to work out compatabilities.

If you'd like to do that. And post back exactly why you think I'd be getting annoyed with your suggestion above then I'll carry on posting.
If not then I've had enough and will not be posting on any of your threads again.

Eh now I am getting confused!!! I have done my research, all the places that I have looked said that a female and male betta will live happy together.. its 2 males that can't.

I apologise if you are getting annoyed... but it seems I do my research ask a few people once I have done my research, then post my ideas on here and they are wrong!!!

I have done a great deal of research I have you know... it seems that everyone has a different opinion!!

Sorry if I am annoying you...

Oh and after my RESEARCH I decided upon a bricclenose as they are good at cleaning ur tank and would be suitable for a 30Litre tank.. also nice and calm.

If I am wrong again I apologise!!

Bettas...
Male + Male = No
Male + Female = No
Male + Bright long finned fish = no
Male + Tank mates = Sometimes no

Bristlenose...
Tank - 15gal AT LEAST
They do not 'clean your tank' anywhere near as much as they create waste in the tank
What part of 'no plecs are suitable for your tank' are you not quite getting?

I, and others. Have given you suggestions and yet you're coming out with stuff like this. We've basically given you all the fish that a reccommended for keeping with bettas. And even then some males will refuse to have any tank mates at all.

You need to change your research method + source in my opinion as it seems very incorrect. And from what I've seen everyone on your thread has been very consistent with their advice. Nothing conflicting. It has only conflicted with your local fish shops advice.

Bettas...
Male + Male = No
Male + Female = No
Male + Bright long finned fish = no
Male + Tank mates = Sometimes no

Bristlenose...
Tank - 15gal AT LEAST
They do not 'clean your tank' anywhere near as much as they create waste in the tank
What part of 'no plecs are suitable for your tank' are you not quite getting?

I, and others. Have given you suggestions and yet you're coming out with stuff like this. We've basically given you all the fish that a reccommended for keeping with bettas. And even then some males will refuse to have any tank mates at all.

You need to change your research method + source in my opinion as it seems very incorrect. And from what I've seen everyone on your thread has been very consistent with their advice. Nothing conflicting. It has only conflicted with your local fish shops advice.

I really do appreciate everyones advise.. I really do. Thank you!! I am sorry for doing ur head in... but I honestly have been doing reseach... nothing but lol

EEK i hope he is a nice betta and likes tank mates :lol:

No you guys haven't been telling me different things... its them charts, google and my mate who owned a fish shop for years who has... Oh and the fish shops people.

Keeping fish is 2 hard and far to confusing!!

Well there aren't many 'definitive rules' in fish-keeping.
But basically if you're new to fish keeping you wont go far wrong if you stick to the 'Sure thing rules'.

Some people can keep females with males
Some people can keep guppies with males
etc etc (the only exception is no one can keep a male and a male)

But the point it, those people will be experienced keepers who have back-up tanks and filters at the ready and that can be set-up at the first sign of trouble. Not only that but they can spot trouble before fish get hurt.

Well there aren't many 'definitive rules' in fish-keeping.
But basically if you're new to fish keeping you wont go far wrong if you stick to the 'Sure thing rules'.

Some people can keep females with males
Some people can keep guppies with males
etc etc (the only exception is no one can keep a male and a male)

But the point it, those people will be experienced keepers who have back-up tanks and filters at the ready and that can be set-up at the first sign of trouble. Not only that but they can spot trouble before fish get hurt.

Well I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt... thats why I wanted to keep it nice and calm.

What fish do u have??

I have also researched Neons, Cardinals, glowlights and tetras as being suitable fish.... am I wrong?

I am still poping my carbon into my filter 2, to try and get roid of some of the tanning :lol:

Lol, I agree with tannins. I know the fish love them but I personally don't like the look myself.

The fish I have at the mo are in my signature below.

They are calm and they are small, so I guess technically I can see why you might see them as being suitable. But they really enjoy have lots of space to swim and will suffer in the cramped area that your 30l would give them.

Most reactions

Back