Got A New 220 Gallon Tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I suppose you could do that with the plexi-glass. I'll be changing mine to poster board! Much cheaper and easier to change! :nod:

I look forward to watching this journal!

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Plexiglass deal is not as good as i thought lol.. so thats a no go!.. I am going to look into the poster board. Does anyone have any pictures of some tanks using posterboard?

I love the shiny black feel of backgrounds.

Updated pics.
IMG_4782.jpg

IMG_4784.jpg

Finally clearing up!

Very nice big tank!! Im soooo jealous!! ... Assuming thats a heater, it looks kinda small for your size tank though ??

A tank that size really needs a heater on each side.

as for background.....a little late to be thinking about that dont you think? :lol:
it should have gone on before the water went in incase you needed to adjust it. cant exactly slide that puppy back & forth to get behind it now :lol:

but I supposed one person on each side with a roll of tape in hand, you could easily slide a background (2 sides film bought from any lfs just take in your measurments)they wipe down easily and you have 2 choices of scenery to pick from.

Im using inline heaters actually haha. I just stuck an extra heater to help get it warmed up. there are 2 on the tank

First coat of paint :D Its starting to look good! I should have tinted the primer oh well! once again wasnt thinking.

IMG_4787.jpg

IMG_4788.jpg

So I was busy yesterday and decided to get the rest of the tank up and running! when i turned the lights on i was awakened by a nice scratch that i didnt see when it was dark.

IMG_4814.jpg

Zoomed Up view of it
IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

Now my tank all set up. I decided to take the bubble wall out. I thought that it made the tank look a lot cleaner.

I also am going to get new rock in 2 weeks. This is all i had for right now. Its just way to small for the tank but it will work for the mean time.

IMG_4823.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4829.jpg

I will be using the same kind of rock in the tank now except it will be a lot bigger. We have a local lake by us that they dig for rock. I can get tons of it for cheap. Last time 200 lbs for 20 dollars. Im sure it will cost a little bit more getting the bigger stuff. Which will also help hide the scratch haha.

Oh right... cool. I was going to say i like the colour of your rocks... then again i did mine, but it didnt last long. A few weeks later they were all the same colour (brown/green) with the algae growth LOL.

My fish are finally starting to come in!.

IMG_4870.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

IMG_4865.jpg

IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4863.jpg

IMG_4862.jpg

IMG_4861.jpg

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4870-1.jpg

I got the fish in yesterday and took the pictures after they were in the tanks for an hour or so

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back