Got A New 220 Gallon Tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Snake42490

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
so my search is over! took a while.

My new tank is a 224.3 gallon tank. I got the Tank stand lights glass top for 1000 dollars brand new with a 25 year warranty :D

the brand is perfecto.. i decided not to go with glasscages. Cant wait to get it going.

Wow.... Thats a steal!!!

What internet shop did you go to?

I got it from a local store.. i was searching online for everything then i decided to go to google and type in pet shops near sioux city and i called each one.. finding one guy who goes. i make roughly 50-100 dollars on my tanks i make more money on my fish.. then hes throwing out these numbers and im like SOLD!

Tank dimensions are 72X24X30

it comes out to be 224 gallons : )

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

all though i now have to tear down 3 tanks : ( luckily the ones im tearin down are all less than 10 gallons each haha

I got it from a local store.. i was searching online for everything then i decided to go to google and type in pet shops near sioux city and i called each one.. finding one guy who goes. i make roughly 50-100 dollars on my tanks i make more money on my fish.. then hes throwing out these numbers and im like SOLD!

Tank dimensions are 72X24X30

it comes out to be 224 gallons : )

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

all though i now have to tear down 3 tanks : ( luckily the ones im tearin down are all less than 10 gallons each haha

Congrats man, So jealous.....GIEF US THE PICS :d:D:D

well the process has officially begun today.

Filtration is almost done. Going to have Fluval FX 5 (got it brand new for 175$) with a Rena XP3(had it for a year up and running tank will be pre cycled) along with a hob filter (havent priced yet)

Substrate: i was going to do black Tahitian Moon Sand.. or pool filter sand? what do you guys think would look better? (can get pool filter sand 50 lb bag for 10 dollars)

Heaters: 3 250 Watt Visa Therm Stealth Heaters on sale 19.99 Each

Stock list: Well so far.. i have 6 synodontis petricola that are going in. I found a guy really close to me that has 30 F1 Frontosa Brundi. I am FORSURE going to get some hes selling the fry for 10 dollars a piece. How many do you think i should get in a 220? i plan on adding some other fish as well so would like some room. I also dont want to get so many that eventually i need to upgrade my tank. what would be a good number to make sure i get enough male to females.

Ok well here are some pictures.. Its been a VERY long process but finally done. The tank took 2 days to get in. I drove down to Omaha in a moving truck lol.. wouldnt fit in any vans. Was a very heavy load to get off the truck! finally got it in my basement and setup.

Unloading Process.
IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

IMG_4692.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

IMG_4699.jpg

It didnt start out very level at first but finally did after about 2 days of sitting :D
Level.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

I only had problems with the Width part being level. the rest of the tank in all ways was Dead on.

First filling the tank. I took a 2 days to fill the tank up completely.. slowly adding a bit started out with about fourth of a way and went on up. Made sure there were no leaks and to my surprise there were none :)
IMG_4704.jpg

I also got badgered at this point for using a garden hose.. apparently toxins can leak out of them? beats me all i know is i have been using it for 2 years now

At this point i added sand only to realize i forgot to put in my egg crate.. I guess every project needs some errors lol

IMG_4705.jpg

IMG_4706.jpg

And with that it puts me to today. the only recent changes are that the Egg crate is now in the tank and im allowing the sand to settle again. The heaters in the corner are not permanent i just used them to help speed the process of heating up. It looks like i have fish coming in nexy thursday which gives me some time to get things all ready.

Hahah so funny, You guys look like your straining so hard XD....Must of weighed a ton.

Looks amazing mate cant wait to see your progress :good:

As of right now this is my total price list. At the moment it hasnt changed but will keep it updated.

Rena XP1 119.99 (for the inline heaters)
Fluval FX5 175
Sand 44 (end up getting way to much. Tank took about 150 lbs total)
Heaters 76 ( 2 Hydor ETH 200 Watt inline heaters)
Syno Multis. 80 Getting 8 total
Frontosa 68 Not sure how many im getting yet.. somewhere between 18-25..

Rena Air Pump 46.99 ( Love bubbles :D)
Rena Tubing 2.49
Power Adapters 14 (thought i would include the little stuff)
Egg Crate 20 (used it for rocks to disperse the weight evenly not causing stress points )
Shipping Multis 60 (must i say shipping is a $%^*&)
Fronts 25
Fluval 14
Heaters 16
I will also be adding my other Rena XP3 from my other tank so its already cycled. I might later on add a couple of Aquaclear hob filters on the tank but we will see.

Total Spent 1741.5

I will say this. Without my cousin there.. the big guy on the backside. that tank would have NEVER made it in my room lol.. He was a beast. It was so bad.. there would have been more pictures but we had to carry it in my room length way up.. it was HEAVY

I will say this. Without my cousin there.. the big guy on the backside. that tank would have NEVER made it in my room lol.. He was a beast. It was so bad.. there would have been more pictures but we had to carry it in my room length way up.. it was HEAVY

Haha I can Imagine, my tank was heavy and yours is like 3 times the size LOL!!

Does anyone have any ideas for a background.. I have been told to paint the back. I really dont like that idea its just to permanent for me. My luck i would badly scratch the front then be stuck using the back. So any ideas would be great

Does anyone have any ideas for a background.. I have been told to paint the back. I really dont like that idea its just to permanent for me. My luck i would badly scratch the front then be stuck using the back. So any ideas would be great

Just use a plain black poster background?

I was wondering.. what do you think it would look like if i got a 72 inch piece of plexiglass then painted it? good idea .. bad??

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back