got a 25 G

thank you!

yes-i have to unstack them all. i was thinking of cutting a little rectangle in the side of each top but decided not to. i like to watch them from above when eating to make sure they eat everyhting.

i dont use plants with my bettas because i dont trust the pet stores. i suppose i could buy some plants online but i have never gotten around to it. i use hornwort for some of my other fish.

i have considered those bulbs (the ones you can get from satan...err...walmart) but my friend who keeps bettas buys those and says only 1 in 3 sprout:(

i feed them once a day hikari fd bloodworms, bio-gold, and bio-blend (small amounts of each) sometimes when i have extra guppy fry-they get some of those.

and i pick out all uneaten food after a couple of minutes.

Nice idea with those plastic tubs, must be a pain in the butt to feed and clean though since you have to unstack each one, Lol. But I'm sure my friends think I'm crazy to have as many Bettas as I have and have to feed everyday and clean almost as much. I'm about to buy some commercial metal shelving to be my barracks for the up and coming Juvis (I have 8 jarred so far), then eventually setting up a drip system, I can't wait! Lol

Linda
http://www.pet-emporium.com
http://www.cooking-fanatics.com

wow :D that's acutally a good idea! seeing how i can get those kind of containors in just about any store :) the only problem is the tempreature though, don't you find that hte water tneds to get really cold? :/ i do with my house becuase the temp always drops to 69F overnight :/ i dont' think th'ats very healthy with the bettas...any solutions :( anyone?? :-(

well i live in alabama and we dont use ac-so its betta heaven. but you can get those heat mats made for reptiles and set a few of the tubs on one of those. i have donne that before.

lucky you, i live in canada where even summer isn't all that hot.

Do you konw paproxmiately ho wmuch those heat pads are?

i think theyre actually kind of expensive (as most heaters of any kind tend to be if they are quality)-i had one from when my turtle was a baby and i kept him in one of those cruel lagoon things. now he has an actual tank with an aquarium heater.
cobra heat mat

also-if you use the storage tubs-be sure to wash them out well with a scrubber. the insides often have some sort of waxy coating-but it comes off with some elbow grease.

right, i wouldn't mind keeping htem in nice containers if only there was a way for me ot keep the temperature constant...:/ it's what i'm worried most becuase my bettas always turn listless and dull and pale hwen the tempreature drops so much :/ the mats are really quite expensive, i could almost just get naother heater with that!

somebody makes 7.5 or 8 watt heaters. i have seen them at satan...err...walmart. i doubt they would be strong enough to melt the plastic but i dont know.

hmm do you think a 50W can heat up a 25G? say yes becuase i dont' want to get another one :D

i used to keep my betta in a tub like that. he loved it, he had alot of room 2 swim in and to make nests.

i serously wish i could do that, and the only thing preventing me is the stupid temperature :-( my bettas can't live overnight hwne the temp drops below 70F, i don't know how you guys do it..:/ as for hte brand of the heater, i'll check in a minute.

I have a 10 gal with 3 plants and 2 female bettas. They seem to be doing alright and there is no conflicts in between the 2. If you can put the females all together and keep the divided one for the males then that would be ok. Do frequent water changes to make sure that the water stays at a certain temp with the ones without the heater.

Better yet go buy a heater for $20.

i might stock my 25G with female bettas. I've heard stories about keeping female bettas in with teh males, as long as you have like 2 female bettas for every male bett aor something like that.

can someone confirm that? :/

i could go buy a heater, which is what i'm thinking of doing. I might buy another heater and keep the 10g running with the 4 bettas in there.

Not really sure yet, so can you keep females with males at a ratio of 3:1 or wahtever?

no males in with the females. some male bettas may seem docile at first towards the females but eventually somone always gets beaten up. with a divider-he would be tortured by the temptation :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back