Golden Gates Hybrid Dutch Aquascape

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

No, Not "all shrimp" will mate with eachother. Now do you mean All shrimp like all species? just to clarify then I can further answer the question with detail; just wanna make sure I gotcha right!
yes, I meant different species.
say....will a red cherry shrimp breed with a sunkist shrimp?
And so on.
I have an Amano and a sunkist (two that I was told can not have babies in fresh water).
Can or would they mate? I've never seen them pay one ounce of attention to each other and mostly stay on different sides of the tank.
Just curious

No Sunkist shrimp can definitely be breed in FW lol.
These I think should give you all this info in a, less confusing way. Which is what I'd accidently provide LOL
Heres some Good links
http://www.planetinverts.com/Will These Shrimp Interbreed.html
http://redcherryshrimp.net/shrimp-care/shrimp-interbreeding-crossbreeding/
http://www.shrimp-tank.com/interbreeding.htm
If you have more questions, weather on this topic of interbreeding shrimp or something else, feel free to ask :p
Excellent! Thank you! I will check out the links!
Thanks much!
Shrimp are such interesting little creatures!
I never knew I'd enjoy them so much!

So since I began NilocG Estimative Index Dry Dosing DIY liquid Fertilizers, Plant growth has increased by x3 I would say, and the plant Size has increased double!
Really crazy I didn't know the results would be this good.
Yes im aware this sounds like a cheesy advertisement lol

So I went outside; took some pics :)
245ebk5.jpg

Went to the greenhouse to, LONG time ago I threw some plants (I currently have for sale in the for sale section) into some of my other garden plants, lilys lilapolis's and stuff, and look now!
Not really exciting though just interesting :D

If you look through these flowers here....
fa8or5.jpg

You find Plants!!!

Everywhere!!!
2ah64aw.jpg

Also here is 1 of my emersed setups, these are some of the plants available in my post in the for sale section, go check it out.
b3t11e.jpg

Last edited:
Ok well first of all....OMG your GSD is GORGEOUS!!!!
And holy moly....I didn't know aquarium plants could grow outside?!
You sure seem to have a green thumb (as well as a fishy thumb). :good:

k so I use TinyPic for uploading my images, seems that when I posted one of the pics up there it gave some image of a person in a frame or something. Mixes random images up sometimes because they have the direct link so I will be replacing that in the next hour lol.
Ok well first of all....OMG your GSD is GORGEOUS!!!!
Im sorry I don't know what GSD is (I feel noobish now) lol, BUT THANK YOU!
Yea most of our aquatic plants we keep, are actually only half aquatic, this includes the entire ludwigia species, Crypts are all emersed growers to, pearlweed, you name it its mostly only half aquatic. In nature plants grow like on the side of the streems, ludwigia is a top of the water floater grower. You can find more info just googling "What aquarium plants can I grow emersed" might find some good websites.
Btw forgot to upload my "plan"
1e57c8.jpg

also I trimmed the tanks stem plants, except ludwigia and pearlweed a bit. The arcuata I just mowed about 1" above the stem base. WIll look very bushy!

I think rotala butterfly will be to much of a focal point, so maybe some of that in the midst of that sphere, with some other kind of rotala around it.

2e64yfk.jpg

here's a picture after the trim :) just hadn't cleaned up yet.

Took some pictures tonight, the last pic I posted up there of the tank was 2 whole days ago...
ikr I haven't updated in so long..
jk
wlf4b5.jpg

k0kayo.jpg

eu2a05.jpg

jsoggz.jpg

2mqq9aq.jpg

9rsh2s.jpg

2llm747.jpg

24lna75.jpg

Well I have an underwater camera I take when I go kayaking, sometimes I use that, but I use my Canon

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back