General Chat Now Open!

Tolak

Gun Toting Lunatic
Reaction score
Due to member request as well as having the best moderating team TFF has ever seen we have created a General Chat section. Please be aware of the rules, and have fun!

Due to member request as well as having the best moderating team TFF has ever seen we have created a General Chat section. Please be aware of the rules, and have fun!

yay!!!

tolak you should be worshipped :p king of the mod

All hail tolak.

On another note... Any reason it's buried several levels down? You click general chat to go into the subforum, then again, then again...
Just wondering if other bits are going to go in there? Like moving the hobbiesbit into a sub forum there.???

I'll tell you right now, it isn't me; it's the rest of the moderating team. I've been here for a while, and this is the best group of moderators I can ever recall having here. When it comes to a project such as General Chat they all pitch in with ideas, comments, and visions of what they would like to see. If I had to do half the things that go on here myself this forum would be no where near as good as it is.

All hail the Moderating Team at TFF!! :good:

I set General Chat up the way it is so that the general rules for the entire forum would not be missed. At one time there was a General Chat here, the biggest problem, and what ultimately led to it being eliminated was the difficulty members had with following the rules. Knowing this, and believing that being proactive is better than reactive,I felt a good review of the forum rules couldn't hurt.

Not seeing what goes on in the mods section, it's hard to know who to worship.

But thanks Tolak, Steelhealr, and anyone else who made it happen

It's a global effort Chris. We all pitch in. I appreciate the credit but I really just pitched in a bit. Without trying to sound self-serving, each mod has done some incredible things here. Whether it's lljdma overseeing an entire planted section....or backtotropical and ludwig and bignose with TOTM's and newsletters and science...Inchie helps keep this place safe and also covers a lot of ground...as does rdd, BigC..and oldman...and dt....Tolak, well, what can you say about the big boss?

We are all very excited about bringing General Chat back. Let's keep it fun and safe for all the members. We don't say this over here, but...CHEERS!

SH

I set General Chat up the way it is so that the general rules for the entire forum would not be missed. At one time there was a General Chat here, the biggest problem, and what ultimately led to it being eliminated was the difficulty members had with following the rules. Knowing this, and believing that being proactive is better than reactive,I felt a good review of the forum rules couldn't hurt.

Will it be permanent, or just until it's been read by all/most current users?

Mostly likely permanent Oooh. Tolak wants to make sure that everyone is constantly reminded that, although we are going to try and truly let our members post what they want in GC, we are going to be strict about infractions. Most of the mods feel that any infractions that occur will be a one strike only ban.
Membership has it's benefits
There is a nice freedom now in that forum. We simply ask that members respect each other and refrain from posting hurtful material.

It's simple.

SH

It's a global effort Chris. We all pitch in. I appreciate the credit but I really just pitched in a bit. Without trying to sound self-serving, each mod has done some incredible things here. Whether it's lljdma overseeing an entire planted section....or backtotropical and ludwig and bignose with TOTM's and newsletters and science...Inchie helps keep this place safe and also covers a lot of ground...as does rdd, BigC..and oldman...and dt....Tolak, well, what can you say about the big boss?

We are all very excited about bringing General Chat back. Let's keep it fun and safe for all the members. We don't say this over here, but...CHEERS!

SH

The nano reef moderator who has written quite a few very fine articles does not give himself enough credit.

I am excited about GC as well. It is going to be a fun experience for members. :good:

SH

The nano reef moderator who has written quite a few very fine articles does not give himself enough credit.

I am excited about GC as well. It is going to be a fun experience for members. :good:

And me, the most awesome member to ever venture into these forums.

When you click on it first off, click on 'general chat rules'and then you will see the forum.
nightt

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back