General Chat, Hear Ye, Hear Ye

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelhealr

Hug a mod Nano Reef Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
To all our members:

After much discussion, the moderators and admin have decided to reinstate a general chat forum on an interim basis. Although we are still in the 'under construction' phase, we are looking for a name for our new forum. Therefore, we are going to turn it over to our members to come up with a name for our new section.

Feel free to post your ideas here. Admin and moderator staff will then have a contest/poll for members to vote on a name based on what is inputted here from you.

SH

WOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED.

Okay, now for a name. I was thinking "The Escape", It makes sense. What are you looking for when you a done talking about your fish? An Escape is what your looking for. This makes sense to me.

How about 'General chat?'

I'm a little uneasy about this one, the last time we had a GC, most threads turned into slanging matches.

Aside from religion and politics, which shouldn't really be discussed anyway, what doesn't fit into the hobbies board that we currently have? We're just going to end up with a dead hobbies section (which is general chat through the back door) after the GC is open, personally I think we should get rid of the hobbies section and replace it with the general chat board, if this idea goes ahead that is, that way you end up with a board with lots more traffic, instead of about 12 dead ones that average about 3 posts a week.

Good idea truck, whenever I post in the hobbies section, I always forget I posted there cos there's that much stuff.

HOW ABOUT "THE CRAB SHED" OR "THE DRIED UP OL'DOCK" OR "Chat Central".

How about 'General chat?'

I'm a little uneasy about this one, the last time we had a GC, most threads turned into slanging matches.

Aside from religion and politics, which shouldn't really be discussed anyway, what doesn't fit into the hobbies board that we currently have? We're just going to end up with a dead hobbies section (which is general chat through the back door) after the GC is open, personally I think we should get rid of the hobbies section and replace it with the general chat board, if this idea goes ahead that is, that way you end up with a board with lots more traffic, instead of about 12 dead ones that average about 3 posts a week.

While admiral as your idea is, the general chat is going to be full of posts like "does my hair look nice", "Hey <insert name> are you ok today?", "don't you think brad pitt is fit". There will be no room for the hobbies in that section, those fans of those hobbies will still continue to check that part of the forum, you're making it sound like it doesn't take two seconds to scroll down. They aren't exactly popular at the moment, GC won't change that.

Combat Zone? :hyper: :hyper:

or, more realistically, TFF, Social Section. we could move all the none fish, fish related, topic there.

That said, I can't really see a general area working given how heavily neutered it's going to be.

Our neutering procedure is being discussed while members toss out ideas for a section name.

Great.
Chit chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back