Food advice for neon tetras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fisher_guzzi

Reaction score
I have a couple of neons and years ago when I had tanks I feed the geophagus b.s flake food and would get brine shrimp, and some red worms that were cool they yo-yo'ed up and down.

Now I have tetras and they have such small mouths. I am guess from another post they are eating the planaria, but first I gave them Tetra, TetraMinPro. They seemed to bore of that quickly. Then I found Hikari's Brine Shrimp and Ocean Plankton freezed dried food. The Brine Shrimp the Tetra really like. The Plankton they are starting to get interested in. I also have freeze dried blood worms, but that is mainly for the African dwarf frogs. I tried to feed them something different each meal. Is this diet good? Is there something better?
The fish stores I go to have frozen food and dried food, but nothing alive except for big fish.
TIA

I feed all my fish frozen foods and a bit of blackworm. Frozen food has everythign they need and it tastes better than flakes. :p

Frozen food is actually healthier and safer for your fish than live food. the reason: All food sold as blister packs have been irradiated before they are frozen. This kills off any bugs that may have come with the live food. Remember these live food come from some doubious sources. Irradiation does not cook the meal,but does kill off any bug the worms or mosquitos or whatever may be harbouring. So frozen food is best. I have several kinds of tetra and they enjoy bloodworm and mosquito larvae. It is also nice sometimes to give them some flakes as the flakes are manufactured to contain vitamins lacking in frozen/live food. If you find that the flakes are too large, crush them down in between your fingers before introducing them into the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back