Fluval Roma 200, Jungle Scape

Cool, getting there
good.gif
Nice to see a printed background blending in well (mine was always rubbish)
What's on the slate/stone front left, slightly off centre? I'd be tempted to put all 3 stones together rather spread out, but it's your tank.What stems are coming?

Cool, getting there
good.gif
Nice to see a printed background blending in well (mine was always rubbish)
What's on the slate/stone front left, slightly off centre? I'd be tempted to put all 3 stones together rather spread out, but it's your tank.What stems are coming?

Thanks,

The moss you ask about I bought from a member on here, I think it was advertised as Round Pellia, but I did a google search and I dont think it is Round Pellia, it looks like seaweed but I kind of like it as it is different from most other mosses.

I dont know what stem plants I will be getting, I ordered a batch from ebay so will wait and see.
I am still a novice so I dont realy know what would go with what, I just put plants where I think they look good (to me anyway)

Your planting method is the same as mine and im not very good with plants either :D I will say that you need to spread the vallis out a little more though, you got lots of space so give the stems a bit of room between eachother, it will help the light penetrate down. I would also expect every leaf on the swords to rot off, it could take a while for it to regrow,just keep snipping them when they are looking bad. I think your power heads are wasted in there, most deffinately overkill with the two filters now. Your Rams will appreicate a little less flow if im not mistaken too. Looking good mate!

Your planting method is the same as mine and im not very good with plants either :D I will say that you need to spread the vallis out a little more though, you got lots of space so give the stems a bit of room between eachother, it will help the light penetrate down. I would also expect every leaf on the swords to rot off, it could take a while for it to regrow,just keep snipping them when they are looking bad. I think your power heads are wasted in there, most deffinately overkill with the two filters now. Your Rams will appreicate a little less flow if im not mistaken too. Looking good mate!

Thanks for the advice, I will spread the vallis out tomorrow :good:
And you are right about the powerheads, both are turned off at the moment and I only turn the left one on for a couple of hours after adding the daily ferts/liquid Co2.

I am going to remove the powerhead on the right and keep it for when I set up a 100litre (fishless) tank in my garage to use for growing plants, I have a 100 litre plastic container allready just need to sort out some lighting.

Growing like one-o mate! Love it! Is the Anubias attatched to something or is it in the substrate?

P.S. Clean your external filter pipes :D

Growing like one-o mate! Love it! Is the Anubias attatched to something or is it in the substrate?

P.S. Clean your external filter pipes :D

Yeah the Anubias is attached to a small piece of slate using fine fishing wire, I pushed substrate over the slate to make it look like the plant is on top of the substrate.

And I am awaiting delivery of some pipe cleaning brushes so next week they will get a good clean :good:

Good on ya! :)

Is the 'moss' Coral Pellia? I have some and it is a fantastic little plant.

Thats it Coral Pellia, I first only put a small amount in which has grown quite well, I have now added the rest to a piece of slate which is out of sight intill it fluffs up, then I might decide to attach it to the bogwood.

One thing I have been thinking about is trying to make the top half more appealing to the fish, they all tend to stick in the lower half of the tank, and I think it is because there is no cover higher up in the tank, I need to work out a way to get some plants up high in the tank :/

Well I could do, and the way you have done your tank looks great, I was hoping I could get some large plants which almost reach the top and are also wide, but dont know what plants would be suitable for this?

If I were to go the route you have I think finding the right piece of wood could be a challenge.

Anubias Heterophylla?
More Echinodorus?
Vallis?

All mine is is a piece of wood from the local woods/forest. :good: As long as it is dry and free from bark it will be fine. If you could source an Oak or Beech branch then that would be great. Mine is wedged due to it being a little too bouyant. But you could weigh it down with another piece of wood or some rocks. You can then add moss as you wish and tie some Anubias/Java Fern to it like i have. The piece of Anubias i sent you came from the top of my tank. :good:

Have a look HERE for a few ideas. :)

New stem plant added, not sure what it is but it is nice and Pink, also some other unknown stems added behind the bogwood

P1000631-1.jpg

Tomorrow I am going to remove the powerhead on the right, and also give my filter pipes a good clean, algae is starting to take control :crazy: I have added 15 Cherry Shrimp who should clear some of it away.

I would like to add a Plec or two but am scared they will destroy the plants..!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back