Fishless Cycle Log.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Maybe things got stirred up in the tank or something? Who knows?

But its a perfect example of the utility of the "qualifying week" idea. Some fishless cyclers would have been off to the store and bought a ton of fish the minute they saw zero nitrite and zero ammonia at 12 hours the way you did, but as you can see, you really have to give it some days after you first see those zeros, in case it decides to bounce around a bit. I'm sure it'll settle back into zeros for good pretty soon. :)

~~waterdrop~~

Im in no rush :) waiting to move house in the next month or so. Im going to wait until the move rather than getting fish now and stressing them through a move. Im ok just feeding the bacteria with ammonia for the time being arnt i?

Day 44 updated

Yes, you can feed the bacteria on household ammonia indefinately, just don't forget them (they don't speak up for themselves very loudly.)

It looks like things are coming along nicely Chris. After the move you should be ready almost immediately.

It looks like things are coming along nicely Chris. After the move you should be ready almost immediately.

Thanks OldMan (haha i feel wrong calling you that) yeah things seem to be getting there and hopefully the fish can be my own homewarming present :D .

It looks like your cycle is still making some progress Chris. For some reason the sample of filter media that you borrowed doesn't look like it did much good but the cycle itself seems to be progressing.

It looks like your cycle is still making some progress Chris. For some reason the sample of filter media that you borrowed doesn't look like it did much good but the cycle itself seems to be progressing.

Getting there slowly but still getting there all the same :lol: thanks for the reply :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back