Fish With Personality.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The Angelfish and Kribensis are going to a new home in a short while, I will see if he wants a couple of the Ancistrus too. Then I'm ready to take on some different fish.

With a betta sorority tank, you are going to need another tank or 2 just in case you have to seperate females that are too aggressive.
Bettas do have a lot of personality, but there is no way of telling how the females will react with eachother once in a tank together.

I'd agree that cichlids also have great little personalities. I've never owned the aggressive type, just rams, but they still have a ton of personality, and bonus, they're peaceful and colorful :)

Okay I now only have 3 Ancistrus BN's, I went and bought 5 Sunset Platys for £7.50, look really nice :) Tanks already starting to look good.

Tomorrow I am going to try and find some Cardinal Tetras, I'll get between 5 and 10 of them.

I will also see if I can find some female Bettas.

In my limited experience - Bolivian Rams. Charge to the front of the tank when you go near and always seem to be watching me whenever I'm in the room.

My females come up and sit in my hand if im doing work in it, Think they may be my new favourite fish.

So far, it has to be the Indian Red Tail Squirrel Loaches, from my collection...

They "greet" me when doing water changes and when I'm tinkering in the tank, they could over to my hand so enquire what's going on (not to mention gently peck my hand)...
laugh.gif

I got 2 bollivian rams and a keyhole cichlid in my 180L, they are lovely little fish with big personalities.

Be wary of the dwarf acaras as they can be quite aggressive we had two and they terrorised the tank after 3 days none of our fish would go below halfway because the acaras were jus patrolling the bottom of the tank and chasing everything to the top. They even took a few chunks out of our neons.But hey no two fish are the same.

Why have a sorority of F Betta fish? How does it differ to having, say 5 of them along with some livebearers?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back