Fish Pooping Out White/clear Stringy Stuff?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes you can use medicated food as long as the fish are still eating and all the fish eat it.
Really!!!?? Will it actually WORK? My fish are still eating, they are just pooping out that white/clear stringy stuff.

Some of my fish are even clamping their fins and rubbing against objects. (External parasite, as you know.) I can't seem to get rid of these stupid parasites! I'm going to give up pretty soon, but I will try to hang in there for a bit longer..... :-(

And every time I have something good happen to my aquariums, I tell someone, and then the bad luck comes back again...

(I'm such a loser....)

I would check the medicated food treats camallanous worms.
Has the whitespot gone as I don't think medicated food works on external parasites.

Gel-Tek Ultra Cure PX
Ultra Cure PX is a revolutionary way to treat internal parasites in both freshwater and saltwater fish. With metronidazole and praziquantel, Ultra Cure PX helps control a variety of parasites such as intestinal worms, nematodes, tapeworms, flagellates, fish heartworms, and hexamita. Innovative Gel-Teknology directly treats infected fish and helps prevent secondary infections, which can often occur during periods of infestations. Ultra Cure PX contains fish pheromones to entice and enhance feeding behavior without clouding the aquarium water. Ultra Cure PX is safe for all saltwater and freshwater fish and especially useful with catfish, cichlids, goldfish, and other bottom feeders.

Active Ingredients:
Praziquantel 0.0057%
Flubenol 0.03%
Metronidazole 0.30%

Directions for Use: Hold back all feeding for 1 day before using. Then use Ultra Cure PX as the only product offered to the fish when fed. Add to the aquarium with the dropper tip on the bottle. Hold bottle 2 inches above water surface and squeeze. Offer at least 5 drops per fish twice a day. Repeat every 24 hours for 3 days. For nocturnal fish, add drops when light is off at night.

I would check the medicated food treats camallanous worms.
Has the whitespot gone as I don't think medicated food works on external parasites.

Gel-Tek Ultra Cure PX
Ultra Cure PX is a revolutionary way to treat internal parasites in both freshwater and saltwater fish. With metronidazole and praziquantel, Ultra Cure PX helps control a variety of parasites such as intestinal worms, nematodes, tapeworms, flagellates, fish heartworms, and hexamita. Innovative Gel-Teknology directly treats infected fish and helps prevent secondary infections, which can often occur during periods of infestations. Ultra Cure PX contains fish pheromones to entice and enhance feeding behavior without clouding the aquarium water. Ultra Cure PX is safe for all saltwater and freshwater fish and especially useful with catfish, cichlids, goldfish, and other bottom feeders.

Active Ingredients:
Praziquantel 0.0057%
Flubenol 0.03%
Metronidazole 0.30%

Directions for Use: Hold back all feeding for 1 day before using. Then use Ultra Cure PX as the only product offered to the fish when fed. Add to the aquarium with the dropper tip on the bottle. Hold bottle 2 inches above water surface and squeeze. Offer at least 5 drops per fish twice a day. Repeat every 24 hours for 3 days. For nocturnal fish, add drops when light is off at night.

Sounds good.... but can you get that in Canada? And do you have to use a bacterial one with it as well? I really don't have the time or money to be going out and getting all these things, considering I go to school and I can't drive. My parents don't understand the concept of this stuff, no matter how much I explain, so they don't think it's that important.

Wait till you have finished the other med and if no improvement after the full course get back to the board.

Yes you can get that med in canada.

Wait till you have finished the other med and if no improvement after the full course get back to the board.

Yes you can get that med in canada.

Um, ok.... I have called literally every petstore that I live close to, and they have no medicated food. My Mom is going to ask a girl she knows to pick some up in the States when she goes. Would I have to use this too?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?...20&keepsr=0

It says it's only for the use of ornamental pond fish....?

So you havent used an internal parasite med yet.

I would phone some lfs for gel tek ultra care px. A member got that med in canada for internal parasites.

So you havent used an internal parasite med yet.

I would phone some lfs for gel tek ultra care px. A member got that med in canada for internal parasites.

Really? I have tried every petstore near my house -- have called them, visited them... they have nothing.

Wait, how do you even use that gel tek ultra care px?

Don't now how you use the med as it\'s not available in the uk.

Ok.
If some fish look really skinny it might be kinder to end there misery as the damage has been done.

Ok.
If some fish look really skinny it might be kinder to end there misery as the damage has been done.

True... But at this point, all my fish are thin. (Almost all of them.) That really sucks though.... Well... as long as I can save some fish....

Try the worming med but there a chance there to far gone to save.
Good Luck.

Try the worming med but there a chance there to far gone to save.
Good Luck.

Thank you very much. I am so impatient to get the med!
Okay, while we're here and talking, I have a question that doesn't involve the fish in my 20 gallon.

I have some baby guppies in my 10 gallon that were born a couple days ago, and now they all have an external parasite they caught from their mother. I used Jungle Labs parasite clear and turned the temp up, but the babies are just looking worse and worse. Almost all of them have clamped fins, and are flashing. I really want to save the guys, but I can't see an end to this tunnel with my fish.... :-(
Thanks for all the help so far! :good:

Yes the babies can get internal parasites inside the mother.
To save them you might have to dilute the med down with a water change, but then the med might not work.
Just give them a while to get used to the med. As fish can flick and clamp fins when you add a med to the tank.
How there breathing.

Yes the babies can get internal parasites inside the mother.
To save them you might have to dilute the med down with a water change, but then the med might not work.
Just give them a while to get used to the med. As fish can flick and clamp fins when you add a med to the tank.
How there breathing.

Well, they are doing much better after using the med, so I'm not too worried anymore. WIll check their breathing. Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back