Filter Suction Cups Won't Stick!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I did my water change and cleaned the tank and cleaned the suckers then we stuck them on the dry bit off the glass and slid them down and 5 seconds later they sank to the bottom lol, i went to the lfs and they hadn't got any for my foliter so tomorrow i am going to drop them into boiling water for ten min and see if that works. so wish me luck will let you know what happens lol
xx

T1 hit the nail on the head-plastics/rubber harden in water and sunlight and with age-soften them back up as suggested.

first think tomorrow morning after i have packed the kids off to school i will stick them in some boiling water and let you all no how i get on ( the suckers not the kids!), many thanks for all your comments i would never have thought to stick them in hot water !!!!
xx

while i was cleaning my tank i boiled the kettle and stuck the suckers in the water, left them for 10 min put them back on the filter and guess what, yes they sank to the bottom!!! lol either i must have the cheapest crap suckers in the world or i am not pushing hard enough!!!.
i have given up and wedged my filter with stones and i am going to look online for some suckers for my filter.
many thanks for your help
xx

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back