Favourite breed of dog

What's your favourite breed of dog?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Border Collie

• Total voters
We have a 125lb. Great Pyrenese that is the most wonderful dog, and a 20 lb. Mini-Schnauzerthat rules the house but they are the best of friends. If I knew how to post a picture I would.

boxer. i have a four year old boxer. he's my best friend. he's kinda high strung but his goofiness makes up for it plus he's great with kids and a good guard dog. :flex:

As much as i love my Lhasa Apso and my Retriever my favourite breed of dog has to be the Skye Terrier, ive been in love with them ever since i watched Grey friars Bobby as a child and would love to take in a rescue oneday :)

ive got 2 akitias love them 2 bits 1bitch 1dog and there 3yrs old
had them since they were 6 weeks old powerful dogs so its fun taking them a walk

I love American eskimos (Eskies). Have had 4 and loved them all. They all were intelligent, ACTIVE, personable, and loving. Love that white hair, even tho is problem in the house. Have two now, both from rescue foundations. MY vote is definately for ESkies

My personal favourite has got to be the german shepherd, I kept two years ago, lovely dogs. When I was a child we had pugs. I dont remember them having any breathing problems, in fact as far as I am aware the only problem was that the eldest one went blind. It never bothered him, he would still run around when taken out for exercise, if he wandered too far away we would tell the others to fetch him & they would run to him & guide him back to us. My mum always wanted a black one but we only ever had tan. At the time they seemed a rarity.

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

Staffordshire bull terrier :D :D i have two,
this is blade

Attachments

• Copy_of_DSCF0008.JPG
    Copy_of_DSCF0008.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 47
I love golden retrievers. We've had yorkies but I was very young then, so I only remember Sandie my Golden Retriever. She was my friend and companion and she used to sleep on my bed. She was put to sleep in June 1999. It was the saddest day of my life. Dogs really are like family.

Unfortunately I can't get a dog now as I'm not at home to look after one. :(

Can't vote as you don't have a Dobermann there :(
My last one died at the grand old age of 12 in her sleep. What a wonderful way to go... She was by far the bestest and most wonderful companion of the K9 kind I've ever had.
Zita08-95.jpg

Wow bloozoo2, your girl was very beautiful!

I voted for crossbreeds (mutts) because my dog is a mutt (shepard/husky/shelty cross) and she is the most adorable sweetie ever!
30141216_G.jpg

Thanks Meg :D Yours is really gorgeous too and you can see it in her eyes !

I know mine was a purebred dog, but I really do love mutts too.
On another note, when I worked at an animal rescue centre I realised just how many beautiful and wonderful dogs there were (mostly mutts) that most people just "wrote off" because they are often thought to be "rejects". Which of course is not true! I would seriously urge people to go and check out rescue centres first when looking for a new dog ! And if, for whatever reason you have your heart set on a specific purebred, contact your local breed specific club / organisation and see if they have any that need re-homing. All sorts could need re-homing for a multitude of reasons and all they want is some TLC (and food of course !).

Most reactions

Back