Favourite breed of dog

What's your favourite breed of dog?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Border Collie

• Total voters
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. :wub: Here are my two: Jasmine (left) and Phoebe (right).

1.jpg

Cairn Terrier
jloarlimoxi4.jpg

And Bassett Hound
hush%20puppies.jpg

My favourites are Welsh Corgies. ... I would have said West Highland Terriers ('cause I own two of them) but they are too damn stubborn... >.<

ive voted collie cos we have one now but ever since i was a kid ive wanted a boxer :wub: , when i finally get my own place i want to breed them.

its Jess!! :D yea, I'm a newb here... I don't even have my Bettas yet, but I LOVE the Betta board. Awesome advice there! I'm happy to see someone from PT!

I voted retriver(any kind) as my favorite dog is the golden retriever, as that is the only type Ive ever had.

I love Shiba Inu's. They are one of the prettiest breeds, and are great dogs.
My old roomate had a couple, and I fell in love with them, and now I want one when I have a house.

Hi there im new
well my favourite dog breed is the PUG i know someone in the second post said they are crappy dogs well i beg to differ. they are not just a new fad actually they are one of the aldest breed ofs dogs with records dating back thousands of years. they used to be the dogs of royalties to people such as emporers of china.
they are great little dogs and i own 2 of them 2 males a 5 year old and a 4 year old. sure they a re prone to disease just like many other dogs but they are very hardy and extremely clever and loyal little things. mine hate being indoors during the day seriously they cry until i let them out they have been outside in 30+ celcius days and they are still alive.
they also have a long lifespan my parents had one before i was around and she died at 16.
pugs are great dogs and mine are so awesome.
please do research if ur planning on getting one and dont just listen to one persons negative views
paolo

I think what Jen21 meant was that her boyfriend "didn't like them" - not that they were Cr*p dogs :/
He might just be a "big dog person" and don't like the scrunched up nose look :dunno: and there's nothing wrong with having an opinion.

However I do agree that they are lovely little dogs (even though I'm a big dog person and do not like dogs with scrunched up noses either :lol: ). My best friend has one and she's a little angel (the dog - not my friend!) :wub:

RandomWiktor said:
For looks: Saarloos Wolfhond
For personality: American Pit Bull Terrier/American Staffordshire Terrier

I want a little pug so bad... but my boyfriend doesn't like them. Anyone ever had a pug?

No, but I've worked with them, and although they have lovely personalities... please don't get one. Their deformed faces result in terrible, crippling respritory problems that basically prevent them from "being a dog." They have trouble breathing when they play, overheat extremely easily, are obese-prone (which makes them have even MORE beathing problems), they get scratches to the cornea frequently, and they also suffer from skinfold dermatits. These dogs will literally have heat stroke lying around in an un-airconditioned room for a 1/2 hour. Its horrible. Anyone who breeds them cares nothing about animal welfare or the quality of life of these dogs. For a small breed, they die very young, and the amount of health costs during the dog's life just isn't worth it.
However, if you still want one, at least go to a breed rescue (there are LOTS for pugs since they're a big time "fad" pet right now) so you're not dishing out money to people who are breeding dogs for a lifetime of suffering and discomfort.
hey bloozoo i wasnt referring to that person sorry i should have explained. it was this comment...

pabzilla said:
RandomWiktor said:
No, but I've worked with them, and although they have lovely personalities... please don't get one. Their deformed faces result in terrible, crippling respritory problems that basically prevent them from "being a dog." They have trouble breathing when they play, overheat extremely easily, are obese-prone (which makes them have even MORE beathing problems), they get scratches to the cornea frequently, and they also suffer from skinfold dermatits. These dogs will literally have heat stroke lying around in an un-airconditioned room for a 1/2 hour. Its horrible. Anyone who breeds them cares nothing about animal welfare or the quality of life of these dogs. For a small breed, they die very young, and the amount of health costs during the dog's life just isn't worth it.
However, if you still want one, at least go to a breed rescue (there are LOTS for pugs since they're a big time "fad" pet right now) so you're not dishing out money to people who are breeding dogs for a lifetime of suffering and discomfort.
hey bloozoo i wasnt referring to that person sorry i should have explained. it was this comment...
I think RandomWiktor was just trying to educate whoever was interested in the breed, which is awesome! MORE people *should* look at the health problems of their breed of dog before running out and buying them because they're cute. They have a lot of health issues due to the deformity of a very short muzzle being bred in again and again and emphasized even more in Pugs. Just like English Bulldogs, it is not practical for the dogs' health, even though it is adorable and a tradition of the breed. You should NOT allow your Pugs to run around in hot weather all day :X... saying "they're still alive" doesn't mean it isn't affecting their health. If you read up about the physiological cooling system of dogs, they NEED long muzzles and clear, defined nostrils to maintain body temperature. Short-nosed dogs shouldn't be left out in the heat.. just because your dogs haven't DIED yet does not mean that its ok for their health or that they won't suffer from heatstroke in the future, especially as they get older. My sister and her husband have an English Bulldog, he's in great shape for a Bulldog and he runs around like crazy inside all day, but I honestly *know* that if he was left outside in the heat (80+ degrees fahrenheit) and running around for any prolonged period of time, he'd be seriously injured or die of heatstroke. He can only tolerate potty breaks in the hot daytime and walks during the morning and evening, or he will start foaming at the mouth and gasping for air.

Anyway, YES Pugs are high maintenance. YES, they MUST be indoor dogs, and YES they have numerous genetical health problems that are heavily emphasized by all of the Puppy Mills and Backyard Breeders that are hurting the breed right now, as its getting more popular and more demanded. If you want a Pug, definitely buy from a reputable professional breeder, not a pet store, a breeder advertising in the paper, the breeder down the street, etc. Search on akc.org for a Pug Club that can give you references to great local breeders. Because they have soo many health problems, buying from a pet store or BYB will only cost you TONS more vet bills and heartache in your pups future.

I voted other cause my favorite breed of dog are dobemans- very loyal and fantasic guard dogs, will more than often protect you and your belongings even if it has not been trained to.

Most reactions

trending

Back