Evolution Aqua Pure Aquarium Balls

Read this one with interest. IMO an established filter will more than cope with your tank if it is correctly sized, as it is "fed" on a continuous cycle. That said if you suspect problems then the use of this aid is justifed, but as an ongoing additive to the tank going in regulary, well to be honest really dont' see the need for it. :rolleyes:

I messed up a couple of weeks and forgot to de-chlorinate the fresh water for the fry tank and switched the filter on! It was only on for 5 minutes before I remembered, panicked and double dosed with stress coat - I've been paranoid ever since so I might get some for the fry tank and have some in for the main tank as a 'just in case'. I'm presuming they have a fairly good shelf life?

About 2-3 year shelf life :) check the pot when you get it :)

It doesnt hurt to use ongoing, its concentrated and is hardly bank breaking. You dont have to do the full dose, just add one or two balls now and then and just use it if you know you have had problems etc.

oh well looks like i was impatient in crushing them in my hands , I've put more in and will let then dissolve themselves this time.

i read that folk using the pond version of the balls in their tank as they are better value and pretty much the same?

I have used the pond ones, they took about 6 months to dissolve :lol:

I spoke to our rep and the only difference between the two is that the pond ones wont work so fast/well in an emergency in a tank because they have been created to work at much lower temperatures! Like... 20 deg C lower!

I've seen these in various stores over the months but bought a pack a few days ago to give them a try. My tank was pretty clear already but after just a day the additional clarity is noticeable and quite an improvement. I only put six in a 210 litre tank aswell. I'll monitor what happens to see how long they 'last', but I probably won't need any more for another 3-4 days, so at that rate the 50 in a tub should last around 2 months, possibly a bit more.

I paid £8.95 for my tub at Wharf in Pinxton. Cheaper online of course (marginally) but add in shipping etc... Unless a bulk order of 'stuff' is being bought... :lol:

Hi Chris
I have been using these for week now as new filter in tank , I have left 1 of my old filters in and running but still checking water stats as having small nitrite spikes , but not as bad as what could have been. even thoe left 1 old filter in , they were rubbish so dont think that is helping much :angry: but the water is lovely and clear as before when done wter change water would be a bit cloudy for a day or so , so for that think they are great . I have put 4 balls in new filter to help boost plus 5 in tank so all crossed :lol:
cathy

Very interesting reading through this thread. I assume all of you are from the other side of the pond right? Because I haven't seen those balls available over here. Thank God I'm not having problems right now with water quality but interesting all the same.

Most reactions

trending

Back