Evolution Aqua Pure Aquarium Balls

^^^they don't...this is another aquarium myth that refuses to go away. Firstly carbon adsorbs, not absorbs. Carbon is able to let go of it contaminants, but it will only do this at extreme times in water. In an aquarium it takes a massive Ph swing for the carbon to release, the swing is between 3.0-8.4 and if that happened in your tank your fish will be dead along time before the contaminants affects the fish.

Hi my tank is 180 litres but more length 39 inches than height is 16inches so restricted on what filter that will fit inside ? width 16 inches,looking at the fluval o4 any other ideas welcome . I have got some aqua balls today so will doing my normal tank clean tomorrow and trying them out :hyper: Fish at mo is 1 gorami, 9 platys,5 blackwidows,2yoyo ,4 clown , 9 kulhi 2 albino algea eaters and 1 bristlenose plec dont think tank is over stocked but please let me know if you think so :blink: also have 5 real plants
ALL ADVICE WANTED
cathy

Sorry forgot to mention no room for external filter as tank sits on my sideboard :S

Also forgot to mention had this tank 8 months , been problem all way through on and off , never had any problems with juwel 125 which had for a couple of years :nod:

jhkh.gif
thumbs UP

Hi my tank is 180 litres but more length 39 inches than height is 16inches so restricted on what filter that will fit inside ? width 16 inches,looking at the fluval o4 any other ideas welcome . I have got some aqua balls today so will doing my normal tank clean tomorrow and trying them out :hyper: Fish at mo is 1 gorami, 9 platys,5 blackwidows,2yoyo ,4 clown , 9 kulhi 2 albino algea eaters and 1 bristlenose plec dont think tank is over stocked but please let me know if you think so :blink: also have 5 real plants
ALL ADVICE WANTED
cathy

Sorry forgot to mention no room for external filter as tank sits on my sideboard :S

am I reading it right that you have 4 clown loaches in the tank? Are you aware of how big they get? They will outgrow a 3ft(ish) tank on no time at all.
You will need a tank of 5-6ft+ if you plan to keep them. A lot of people (including myself) have made the mistake of trying to keep them in small tanks and not realising how huge they grow.

No offence meant, just wanted to make you aware in case you didn't know :)

Hi I do realise how big they get and know one day I will have to part with Hilda, Herbet,Edd and Tich (yes they have names) I have had them for a couple of years and probaly 2inches maybe slightly more so loads of room at mo for them and some lovely places for them to hide but look out of :good: Just lovely to watch them when them swim together and play and 2 yoyos join in ( sarah, howard ). :rolleyes:

sounds like a good excuse to get a HUGE tank to me :lol:

I've stopped naming fish - I just get more upset when they get sick or die

Hubby wont let me get a bigger tank than this :angry: I know I should not give them names as upset last week as lost my pair rainbows and they were called mama @papas after the group :(
I have just given tank its usual clean up and added 3 more plants and a fluval u4 , which was a real bargain as priced it up wrong on web site yeh and added 10 evolution balls plus left 1 of my old filters running so I will test tomorrow morning to see what ammonia @ nitrite are and see if these balls really do work :unsure:
Any way enough of my normal yabling
will update tomorrow

I've just ordered some of these due to my tank developing a bacterial bloom.
I'll post the results on here.

andy.

Hi I having been using them since saturday as had problems and all is great in tank and the water has never been so clear :good:
Today set up my emergency tank as bought a sick clownfish home and have put a few in there and readings are good in that tank at mo so hope they will sort your problem out look forward to your feed back
cathy

anyone know how long these take to dissolve? i put some in about 3 days ago and they still sitting at bottom of my tank. i ended up fishing them out and crushing them with my hands...

anyone know how long these take to dissolve? i put some in about 3 days ago and they still sitting at bottom of my tank. i ended up fishing them out and crushing them with my hands...

Does it not tell you in the instructions? Are they supposed to dissolve slowly? I've not got any yet so I've no experience

Hi I have started using them and they take a week to fully disolve, they slowly put the good bacteria into tank while helping to get rid of the nasty ammonia and nitrite also breaking down anything else that is harmfull in tank .
Please still check water stats and water changes if needed but so far my tank has settled down nicely :good: I set up an emergency tank yesterday as bought a sickly clownfish , so took water out of big tank , so when putting fresh water in big tank put 4 more in just on safe side also put 5 in emergency tank as that filter has not been on for a long while so has new sponges in and that stats are good :good:

My water has never looked so clear as well so double wammy

Clown loach I bought has picked up today and started eating straight away as was very skinny and small also was swimming funny in shop but great here so looking good for her yey but will keep her on her own for a couple of weeks just in case anything catching

hope this helps with evolution ball good luck
cathy

They do take weeks to dissolve completely, thats the whole point of them :) They are slow release.

Thats why they generally advise putting them into the filter, with the fast flow over them they work a lot better and a lot quicker, they dissolve in 3-5 days in a filter.

We set up a 300L tank day before yesterday 50/50 tapwater/RO water, put in a little fish food and then put loads of the Pure Balls into the external filter and testing it every couple of hours we watched everything go from 0, to the the ammonia spiking and breaking down completely to 0 and the nitrIte spiking and its well on its way down and the NitrAtes on its way up. :good:

We will probably do a 50% water change on friday and repeat and hopefully we should only see a mini cycle or see it cycle in much less time. We are just messing about with it really, we arent exactly eager to put fish in it, i have ages and several hundred plants to sort out first :)

I am such a happy bunny! Cant wait to start planting, i got to order what I liked so lots of floating plants (open top tank), aponogeton, crypts, hygrophilias, echinodorus, lilaeopsis and helferi. Going to be a rainbow tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back