Evolution Aqua Pure Aquarium Balls

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bikerfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi All has any one on here tryed Evolution Aqua Pure Aquarium Balls ? They sound to good to be true :hyper: solver of all problems if they work :D let me know what you think

Its brilliant stuff for sure if used right :)

I read all about it yesterday and as keep having problems with new tank then could be a fish saver :good: so waiting now for my delivery :fun:

We use it all the time in the shop, when we do a big waterchange we just chuck a load in (big water change is generally a few thousand liters lol). I have used them in setting up new tank which is great too.

Keeping all crossed as getting some on saturday as my tank keeps going into cycle as dont think the filters that came with tank are very good and have taken some fish back to local shop after explaining problem as never had this problem with my juwel 125 and have not changed my routine :crazy:

What filter have you got?

are they used to keep water stable? or just for bacterial growth in the filter?

I've just read the Practical Fishkeeping review and it does read really positively. I may invest in a box at some point. I can already see a 'need' for them should I be forced to change a filter sponge later down the line (they're only 6 months old so I can't see them falling to bits just yet!)

just read some reviews online. i might invest in a box tbh. could do with the "boost" lol

i have had a box of these for ages but never used them, i was a bit sceptical when i bought them, after reading this i might give them a whirl

Hi to mbou I have 2 marina s20 , they are cartridge which 2 carbon 2zeolite , you are suppose to change 2-3 of the cartridges every 3-4 weeks ,I only ever change 2 in each filter at a time ,never both both filters together,, and wash outthe cartridges in tank water when cleaning,Ialways clean substrate and filters once a week with 20 water change @ make sure water safe before going in tank.
All crossed this works as could make life a tad easier all round :good:

You don't have to change cartridges until they are literally falling apart. Filter manufacturers say they need to be replaced so they can take your money.

Carbon and zeolite filters do need changing regularly, once they have absorbed all the nasties and are full... they start leaching it all back into the tank!

Personally, bikerfish... your life would be 100% easier with different filter :p

I have never used those marina ones but from customers i hear nothing good. Looking at them online, it looks like they just have the cartridges and no normal foams or biomedia like ceramics!?

If thats true... no wonder you might be having problems!!

What size is your tank? I would recomend getting one of the Fluval U series internal filters or better still, get an external filter.. though that may be too much if the tank is small... but you can pick up a fluval 105 cheaply enough and it would change your whole idea of how easy fish keeping can be. Having a decent filter changes everything and makes it all so much more relaxing as you dont have to worry so much!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back