Doing it all wrong already - Help put me right

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

:huh:
Just wondered because of so little of it being necessary. At each water change due to it being only a 30L tank, I am only changing 5 litres at a time, which by my calculations made the dechlorinator 1.5ml. With such small calculations any error would be larger proportionally.

Also these health salts I was given. What are these for and are they necessary or beneficial?

As you can see from my posts I am an almost to the extent of nitpicking, perfectionist style Virgoan, and I hate to do anything without knowing all about it first, so being a first tank syndrome fishkeeper doesn't sit easily with me. Bear with my questions - I am quite nice too. :thumbs:

Yeah 1.5 ml per 30l sounds about right. Though to be honest, you almost cannot possibly overdose on that stuff so it's no big deal if it's not absolutely spot on.

Salt is usually used to combat illness such as ich etc. I would most certainly not use it unless necessary. Stick to the minimum of chemicals and water additives and you'll be fine :)

And the peas are kind of for what you are saying :p but basicaly it's just that they clear out the digestive system and are a good veggie supplement as well.

Concerning the ballooon molly - are you sure you aren't just mistaking the exaggerated 'balloon shape' for pregnancy? I hope you are :p

:hey:
I only wondered because the silver balloon Molly and the black one were the same size when we started, and now the black one looks twice the width....after starving them too....

I hope you are right, otherwise James Pond the second, third, fourth, etc.... may well exist already. Do ordinary Mollies mate with balloon Mollies? :drool:

uh yes indeed - a molly is a molly ;)

:lol:
My son would be highly amused....It might make up for things. Better do a test.
:flex:

Just be careful though - Mollies will eat their fry the minute they can. So if you do have any fry and you want them to survive, you'll need a breeding trap for the birth. Or a very heavily planted tank. But by the sounds of it your tank isn't large enough unfortunately.

:wub:
Too late...James Pond RIP is the proud father of Stephen....however shortlived!!

Most reactions

Back